CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?

Duneme I agree 100% with what you're saying, I will most likely never exceed a stock bore stage 3 with 11.5:1 compression on pump premium with a slip-on stainless exhaust for the same reasons you mention - duneability. I'm a trail rider and a duner and travel the country all year long enjoying the ride, always hitting different altitudes and terrains along the way going from sand one day to muddy and rocky trails the next.

It seems to me, as I review this old thread, roughly 15hp over stock seems to be about the limit for a trail bike before you step into less available fuels and unfriendly powerbands.

So guys take be careful and be sure before you purchase stuff based off this post as Duneme suggests! Its just something of interest...

Old 12-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hightower, you mention you found that the 15HP up was about the limit, before going to the funny fuels. What were your HP figures you found and what RPM did you get max power output.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Mario,it depends on who's Dyno you use! That being said here are the #S for the DIRT WHEELS Project X Turbo bike.Stock 05' DSX650 35.1 RWHP @31 Ft. Torque at 6 PSI Boost 71.5 RWHP @ 58.1 Ft. Torque !!! Not bad for bolt-on HP. The Dyno Runs were done at Cascade Innovations (The Banchee Guy's) No Hidden Agenda !!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower, you mention you found that the 15HP up was about the limit, before going to the funny fuels. What were your HP figures you found and what RPM did you get max power output.
I don't mean to imply that my personal dyno experience has shown this, I don't have stage 3 valves and have never done a stock dyno run on my bike to compare against at any local dyno either. But just from reading this and several other posts it seems to me that the "average" and easily achievable numbers I've been seeing point this direction, give or take a few ponies. Just an observation is all, I know more is achievable but at the cost of lots of dollars and convenience and availability of fuels.

This is a really fun post that is very imformative and enjoyable, especially the turbo numbers. I think the most impressive number I've seen yet though, is not in the post. MrHP posted a while back about a stock bore breaking 70HP on the dyno he uses, up from his stock run of like mid 40's I think it was. The power curve on the dyno chart was amazing showing no significant loss in low end power to achive this awesome peek. To top it off it ran on gas, albeit high octane. I know other bikes on here have gone that high in peek power, but the curve on the dyno chart of this HPResearch machine is about the sweetest I've seen, although I have not seen many.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

check out pic #12 here - MRHP 70+HP dyno chart

Old 12-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

When I took my 02 in for the dyno tune with an end cap only, it had 38hp, since then have added; rwr cdi, rwr ported intake, KN for cleanability, TM45 with snorkle without air box, stock pipe with homemade end cap, dyno'd with stock tires and gearing, wound up at 50.0hp and 42.1 torque on a dynojet dyno.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

What is the kit???
Horsepower Research Gensis 650 ...........

Old 12-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I remember the 70HP kit from MrHP. At the moment I am looking for information on what the best possible HP output is with using pure bolt on and a few little mods. I am not interested in NOS, turbos and funny fuels. Doing all the motor work is the Genesis motor is a bit steep for me at the moment.

crazypainter, your setup is what I am more interested in. Can you remember at what RPM your DS made 50HP and what RPM it made most Torque? If you have a picture of the dyno run I would love to see it. My dyno also say that most stock DS's come in around 36 to 38HP. Getting 50HP is 12 to 14HP more. That is some good work. From your post it seems you are still running the stock motor without any internal mods. Is that correct?

Old 12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

hightower,
i agree with you about to much hp on trails!i clipped a tree last year and broke my left foot.it wouldn't have happened if i would have had nerf bars..maybe?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

ya i would also like to know about crazypainters setup & dyno. thats some good numbers!! it must be set up good. on dirt i can stomp him but in sand its a very good run! i lose more than i win.

Quick Reply: How many 65HP+ stock bores out there?