CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PAST OR PRESENT OUTLANDER OWNERS: or someone who knows about it

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAST OR PRESENT OUTLANDER OWNERS: or someone who knows about it

I've had my 330 since May, only problems/complaints I have are posted here. Noisy tranny which is normal, the shifter is a little sticky but gets better after ridden, still you have to engage the throttle occasionally to get it to catch (again, told this is normal). They can be a little cold blooded when new but seem to get better after broken in.

Not making assumptions but nobody knows how anyone elses quad has been ridden, so its hard to tell what is manufacutrer or rider caused problems posted here. Just a few FYI's if you do buy a new one: Change your oil and filter after your first two hours of riding and take it into your dealer for its first 20 hour service before the 6 month warranty expries and have them go over it throuroughly. I've never ridden a Polaris so I can't compare them but I have ridden a few Yamaha's and the Outlander is more comfortable by FAR. BTW, no other ATV features an independent rear suspension like the Outlander.

Old 09-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

The only problems with ours is the clanking in the rear and the dealer just yesterday found some springs missing in the clutch/tranny. They were apparantly never there.
Ive got over 1000 miles and over 110 hours on this later 04. Its been an awsome quad and has never let me down. Even after coming in contact iwht a tree at 30mph. :eek

Old 09-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

i own a 2004 outlander 65 hrs on it .i blew a front shock .dont know how . im not an agressive rider but still like to have some fun.other wise the bike is very nice .comfortable as a couch on wheels handles good too.ive owned hondas ,.kawis and yamahas this outlander is definetley the most softest ride.and it goes through deeper mud than my 650 prairie.im still amazed

Old 09-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Trailblazer

My clanking rear end is back and my voltage regulator fried. Boiled my battery too. Also my fuel petcock broke. It runs all day in "off" It's back in the shop.

Old 09-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: V10man
My clanking rear end is back and my voltage regulator fried. Boiled my battery too. Also my fuel petcock broke. It runs all day in "off" It's back in the shop.
Heh. Our outlander has been in the shop for a month and a half. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really feel for you fellas having these difficulties. I have had my own problems. I know what a pain it can be. Have you tried contacting Bombardier directly to inform them of any disatifaction you may have. I emailed the following address and got a phone call immediately. They called the dealer as well, and things began to happen.

Marc Lacroix
Director of Public Relations
Bombardier Recreational Products
marc.lacroix@brp.com

Old 09-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Echos
I really feel for you fellas having these difficulties. I have had my own problems. I know what a pain it can be. Have you tried contacting Bombardier directly to inform them of any disatifaction you may have. I emailed the following address and got a phone call immediately. They called the dealer as well, and things began to happen. Marc LacroixDirector of Public RelationsBombardier Recreational Productsmarc.lacroix@brp.com
We might have to. Though i think everything is taken care of and should be done this week. If not ill email him.

Thanks for teh address.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just turned 500 miles on my 04 Outlander 4X4 400 and I also just had my first problem. Not a biggie though. I tried to remove that blowout plug in the exhaust and stripped the head off the plug. Seems that thing was seized pretty good and despite looking like it's painted steel, it's a very soft brass... :-(

Old 09-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sfurbish
I just turned 500 miles on my 04 Outlander 4X4 400 and I also just had my first problem. Not a biggie though. I tried to remove that blowout plug in the exhaust and stripped the head off the plug. Seems that thing was seized pretty good and despite looking like it's painted steel, it's a very soft brass... :-(
ouch. Pretty cheap part i would think though huh?

Old 09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

always ride dont get scared off any make atv has problems .they dont make a brand that has no problems.anything mechanical can break cars, trucks. power tools you name it .it has potenential to break down good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]