CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!

I'd have to agree with mudnuri on that 'cave' statement. I wouldn't call them bad, but certainly not some gift from the lord. People need to keep things in perspective, no machine is or ever will be 'perfect.'

Old 08-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scramblered

honda has proven themself again to be better built than anything,.
When you say better built, that to me means strength. There is abolutly no stock quad out that is even remotely close to the DS in strength. On that though, Honda deffinatly has the best reputation for reliability on the market. Bombardier has the same reputation but isnt near as long provan as Honda. So I know where you get that statement from but Bombardier is the better built than anything quad manufacturer.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

nothing like a honda or bomb, but hey we get a lot of bathroom runs on the Lt 80 and it is pretty fun to see how far you can wheelie on it, we've started to race the mini quads they don't draw as much attention as the big quads, the funny part is people will stop to watch adults race 80's. i may send mine off to Lt 80 so i can get more wins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I have about 7 hours on my 450R. It's been really $hitty here. Raining and FREEZING cold so I haven't been riding much. About reliability..... My DS was the most UNRELIABLE quad I've ever had and thats why I payed extra for a 4 year warrenty for my 450R because I'm not gonna go through that again. And so far it has my DS beat in that catagory because I had it about a week without any problems.
Well when I was going through with buying my 450R my dad was all for it and excited for me to get it and stuff.... But now that I have it he's constantly b!tching about it to me. B!tching about how I can't afford it and all this crap...... Seems as if I shouldn't have even got the frickin thing because all he does is try to make me feel like $hit or something. I think he likes it when he does that. So now my luck is going right back to normal again. Like always, nothing can go right for me for too long. Sorry, not trying to "boohoo" here but I'm not having the best day today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pushin,

You are somewhere in your teens, right? It sounds as if your dad bought it and he is paying for it and now he is complaining about it. Is that correct or no? Assuming this is the case:

1. He is probably having a bad day as well. There are days (usually right after a purchase) when people wish they hadn't bought something. You know your dad better, but it sounds as if he is letting off steam.
2. If he is the one paying for it, is there anything extra you can do to help him? Can you help him at work, or at home with chores that he normally does? Do you have a job or can you get one to help pay for it? If he is having a bad day and you can do something extra to kinda give him the idea that you really appreciate his help with the purchase that will usually go a long way.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I AGREE with Blackhawk.

Pushin, try try try to understand the everyday stress your perents have, to you your quads is a toy to be ridden ,raced,and jumped. To them it is 6000+ dollars that they hope will last you longer than your DS did, PLUS they dont want to see you get hurt. DO THIS... Dont modify your Honda for 6 months!!!!!! take extra care of it,and try to put your hobby second to your family time. It may not seem to fun, but you will feel a sense of PRIDE later. Pride that can only felt when you realize you've become a man.

I dont mean to preach bro, you have always seems like a pretty level headed guy, so I am sure you do the right thing most of the time.

Bigger.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

The more you let the little things in life bother you the more problems become of it. Prove to him you can make the note every month and he will be proud. Dont forget, your pops is really your only best friend in life... Life is short homebizzle.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider

yeah aint that right! life is short!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

yea life is short.....before u know it you'll be going bald in debt and unemployed...oh yea by then your girl's gonna wanna leave u...funn stuff lol

Old 08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

pushin',
Sometimes it's the little thing's that really matter. Thing's that are everyday responsibilities. Like taking out the garbage, washing the car, taking care of the home. Those little thing's, if done without being asked to do it, goes more than you know. When they are neglected and your Mom & Dad have to do them time and time again, they can feel used and or abused. Unappreciated.
So, when things get bad, you may have to put everything you are doing on hold and think about how you got where you are and show some appreciation.
As far as you having trouble with your DS. I guess you got a melon. I have been pretty hard on mine. From mudding to MXing and racing. I have only had to tighten the chain once in a year. And the red light came on after I sprayed a sensor when washing. Took it off and dried it and it was fine.
I will say that I got worked by a pair of 450r's at the MX track. They were all tricked out against my stock DS. I bottomed out on almost every big jump, double, and table-top.
They are FAST, too. I would get one for sure to add to my stable.
Just make sure you respect those that made your stable possible.
Have fun and get the pics up!

Quick Reply: Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!