CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!

Picked up my 450R today and got to ride it about a half hour and then I had to go to work LOL! I don't know where to begin.... I couldn't stop grinning when I was riding it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Don't take long to get used to kick starting it warm or cold, starts are easy once you get the hang of it. I love everything on this quad it's just absolutly amazing! How about that throttle response, HOLY MAN! And rev....WOW. I can't get over this quad, it just can't get much better than this. I was worried I would be dissapointed in power compared to my slighty modded DS...... Was I wrong.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I KNOW this bone stock 450R would make my old DS look pretty silly in a 300ft race and I'm not exagerating by any means. I just wish I could try it. I was totally impressed with the power of my 450R and it's not even broke in yet. Crisp and smooth is the best I can describe it. And the higher you rev the more you feel the power. I just can't believe the over rev on this quad, it pulls right off idle and right to the rev limiter! CRAZY! Sorry I'm just really excited about my quad. It BY FAR beats every expectation I had for it and it's STOCK! Very comfortable riding and power on demand with handling that I have never felt on a quad before. BY FAR the VERY BEST quad I have ever ridden in my entire life. Like I said, to me it can't get much better. I heard about the complaints of the tall first gear and I got used to it fast. I think I know why Honda made first gear fairly high like that... You can do a CRAZY holeshot! Most quads first gear is too low and second gear is too high to do a holeshot with and to me the 450R first gear is perfect. I don't mean to be going on and on about my quad but the Honda 450R is EVERYTHING and much more than I could ask for in a quad! Simply amazing. After I was done with work I got back on my 450 and rode it untill 1:30 this morning. LOL.

Well I know this is a Bomb forum but I trust your guys judgement as a previous Bomb owner myself I have a question.... The manual reccomends to do the first oil change after 10 hours. BUT, I have about an hour and a half on my 450R and the oil looks fairly dirty and when I shine a flashlight in the check glass I can see very fine metal shavings in the oil..... should I wait to change the oil or would it be a good idea to change it in another hour or so of riding? Help is very much appreciated and if anyone has a question about the 450R just ask. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Congrats!! Change your oil ASAP... Did you break it in, Or heat cycles? If you hammered it on a fresh motor, you may have worked some metal off. Put some 20-50 in it and run her easy... I change my oil every time out. And I usually see a tad bit of debri right after a build...

Old 08-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider

About 2 heat cycles were done even though I don't believe in them at all. After that when I ran it I let it get up to operating temp and I was fairly hard on it but not pounding the hell out of it. I'm getting oil in the morning and will change right away. thanks.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider

congrats pushin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
congrats pushin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 08:17 AM
sam
Pro Rider

congrats, its like having s#x w/ your girlfriend for the first time puts a smile on your face for a long time and you want to get back on it ASAP. keep us posted on the diffrences such as handling, power improvments, susp. ect. the R I thnk would be my coice if I went to one of the 450s to.
Sam

Old 08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

That's great to hear Pushin'. That's the quad that the girfriend wants for next season... I'm sure I could get some time on it as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 02:27 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Good to hear that you like. I ride my buddies all the time and I must say that after awhile of getting used to it I like the way the gearing is on them.

Good luck with and have fun.

Now it is time for the hrc kit with a sparks pipe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congratulations! New quads are always exciting!

You should bring it out west a little bit and get it in some sand now!

Old 08-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

just two words, HRC kit! untill you install it you aint seen nuthin yet

Quick Reply: Got my Honda 450R..... MAN I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS THING!!!!