CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Impressions of MrHP trail kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressions of MrHP trail kit

Finally got my sand/trail kit finished. Its sort of a lite weight Stage 2 with low compression and mild cams. The major bonuses for me were this setup only required 91 octane and did not require new springs or buckets and was really inexpensive if you turn your own wrenches.

The final setup has the Lectron, Vortex, HR Endcap, HR ported intake, HR trail grind, HR 11:1 piston/rings. I did the install in two phases, first was the cap/carb/intake gig and I drove it for a season. Loved it large. After this weekend, I really believe the cam/piston set-up complemented the carb/cap perfectly. Not sure what the dyno numbers are for the cam/piston, but this setup has the ability to accelerate at an insane speed, while still being very trailable on the rocks and stuff.

Weighing the carb/cap versus the cam/piston, I will say the cam/piston was the most noticable improvement, but I think it gains some of its glory from the Lectron.

Dumont in 54 days....but who's counting.

jbt

Old 08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good combination of parts that I might be interested in, being as I do not want to have to run race gas either. If you don't mind me asking, how much would it cost to do everything but the end cap?

Old 08-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

I don't chase reciepts as closely as my wife would like, but I would venture a guess all those parts; plus a swoopy thumb throttle kit, was about $2000.

The Lectron and Vortex were the cash T-Rexs of the group. But I dig swapping curves on the trails with the Vortex, and the Lectron showed up "tuned for speed" for my bike at my favorite riding spot.

jbt

Old 08-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Slowride,

I've got to see that thing in at some point after 54 days...

Old 08-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

10-4. I'm just as curious about its dune performance, but the way it pops the front end up in first and second, I'm feeling froggy. For general grins, I have a 1200 ft asphalt run next to the house. For safety, I start to shutdown by around 900 ft. In the past, I could never get over 74 mph. Now, I'm at 78mph and ghost shifting to 6th. These cams really slam the tach over, and still lift the wheels (3-5k rpm) with a just throttle whack in first and second.

I've had four friends ride the bike, and all have been very impressed with the acceleration....but just to be clear, I'm not claiming to be as fast as Mario or the other heroes.....just a fast stage 1+[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

16/40 gearing with 20" razors.

I'm considering dropping to the 15/40 since I don't need that much speed in the sand, but I wanted to wait and see how it pulls at comp hill before regearing. Hopefully, I can get into fourth.

Eric mentioned there aren't a lot of these cams in the wild, so I was just as aprehensive. I'll be at dumont no less than twice in October and hopefully a late September trip as well. You're welcome to test drive it.

jbt

Old 08-17-2004, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Congrats on the motor!! How about Dumont Sat. morn or sunday, the ground should be wet.

btw-I never said I was fast. I can barely hang with them yfz;s

Old 08-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

It's still hot for me. Maybe in a few weeks, and theres a cool weekend. I'm dying to see if this thing can pull 7,000 rpm in third. Should be able since I was at 6,300 rpm in third before the mod. These new cams are supposed to produce good power out to 7k. Could be enough extra rpms to let me carry fourth to the top.

If what you said is true, I'm gonna stear clear of those yfzs.

jbt

Old 08-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The YFZs that Annihilater is talking about aren't your average, run of the mill YFZs...

Then his DS isn't so common either.