CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone riding the Bull Gap area labor day weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone riding the Bull Gap area labor day weekend?

TheOZ,

I will try to talk my buddy, he's driving, into being at the parking lot by 10a.m. on saturday if you guys don't mind a little extra company for the ride. Are you talking about the lot on M-33 or the lot on Hughes Lake Road?

Foosey,

You said something about your buddy renting an ATV? Where can you do this and what kind can you get? I have a buddy that would be interested if he can rent a sport quad.

Old 08-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Im not sure but you could check and see if northern power sports in mio rents them if not I know the artic cat dealer in lewiston rents machines out. I believe there is another place in mio that rents snowmobiles and I think they rent atvs but I cant think of the name of the place.... There is also a rental place or 2 in atlanta.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: jdub260
TheOZ,

I will try to talk my buddy, he's driving, into being at the parking lot by 10a.m. on saturday if you guys don't mind a little extra company for the ride. Are you talking about the lot on M-33 or the lot on Hughes Lake Road?
Sure, we'd enjoy the extra company. We're planning on arriving at the parking lot off M-33 (just north of the Pink Store) @ 10:30a. At this time we have four guys planning on riding for the day. We're planning on driving from the parking lot to South Branch, we'll catch lunch at the Timbers and top off the tank. From there we'll head up to McKinley for a beer and fuel. The rest of the ride is up in the air from that point. You're welcome to join us, let me know and we'll look for your vehicle when we arrive.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

TheOz,

10:30am it is. we will have a blue 2002 S-10 reg. cab. long box. with my X and my buddys blue raptor.

My name's Chris by the way.

Sidewinder500,

The rental places in atlanta only rent sleds. But I've never herd of the other places so I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the info!!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

Chris,

Okay, I'll look for the 2002 blue S10. BTW, my name is Brian. We'll see you guys @ 10:30. I'm not sure who's driving yet. We'll have on Baja X, a blue Raptor, a yellow Z400 and a Sportsman 700.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

are any of you guys familiar with the Meadows or Mack lake camping areas, I called up there last week and they told me they didn't take reservations, so I'm a little concerned about finding a campground in this area. What do you guys think? Where do you normaly camp at?

Old 09-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry I've never camped there. My friend has family in Atlanta so we always just stay there and drive back down to Bull Gap. But I think if you get a camping permit from the DNR you can camp any place you can pitch a tent in a national/state forrest. I could be wrong but you might want to call the Mio DNR post and ask them about it.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

jdub260: Kick **** to hook-up with you and Dennis yesterday. Sure was a helluva start with Brian and Matt's accidents. Seems like we never get through a ride (4 or more guys) without someone breaking something (either a Quad or themselves). Welll, at least no one was hurt. Me and the boys would like to make a run to Atlanta sometime to checkout the trails which aren't beat up. It seemed like some of the trails were a little more whooped then in the past. Check your PM.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah it was fun, the trails were a more whooped out than I like but it was still fun. Tell Matt that I feel for him I've had a cracked rib before and I know how bad it hurts. But all in all it wasn't a terrible trip. I had fun and got to see some new places and thats what its all about. If you want to try Atlanta some weekend let me know and I'll be there.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Chris,
yeah that was still fun sat, even with the mishaps, sweltering heat, and never ending bumps. My fat outta shape butt was sore till tuesday. Matt feels alot better, said that sunday felt like someone beat him with a baseball bat tho. Take care, chris