CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondockers nitrous for DS

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondockers nitrous for DS

Hey was just wondering if anyone is running boondockers nitrous, and how they liked it. Is anyone running anything else other than boondockers? would u go with boondockers or another set up

Old 09-05-2004, 11:27 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I dont like the idea of a dry kit on a carb. A dry kit on a efi is great because you have injectors that run a 40+ psi and headroom to bump up the fuel pressure. On the boondockers it presurized the carb bowl and forcel fuel into the main jet. I personally prefer a fogger type system with its own fuel pump but I guess the boondockers works okay. I just dont like the fact it is a dry kit. Im sure somebody else who has used a boondockers could tell you how they like it. Im sure it works good but there is the possibility of it not getting enough fuel. That is just my .02 cents.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

couple guys had it at ds days there worked good.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunerider, I swear by the system. Its fool proof, well to a point. The fuel delivery is pressurized by bottle pressure. As pressure to the nozzle declines, so does pressure to the carb. I have about 50lbs of nos through mine so far with no problems. However, I did have it way to rich once and forced all the fuel out of the carb before it could recover. After leaning it down there were no other problems. I do not think you get as big of a shot as with the wet systems, but it hold its own. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

how did the stop at wendover treat all the utah boys???

Old 09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

hey, yea i only want a 20-25 hp boost anyhow so it should be fine

Old 09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

After Ds days and seeing 650vipers bike run the boondocker will be on my bike next year for sure. Just for a bit of a comparison I could beat 650viper buy about 4 bike lengths off the bottle but on the bottle it wasn't even fair (lets just say I got smoked).

Old 09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

nitrous is a great thing, it makes a hugh difference.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

If there was a down side to their system (BoonDocker), I would say that since you're not running a seperate fuel circuit like that of a fogger system, you MUST make your carb fairly rich for normal riding. Remember that NO2 only allows your system to use MORE fuel. The NO2 does nothing for the burn. NO2 is NOT a fuel.

Am I explaing myself correctly? Basically, the extra fuel comes in from the carb, and the carb must be set rich. Now under normal operation (without the NO2) your motor can't burn all the fuel, so you have a rich condition. The NO2 now lets you burn the extra fuel and turns it into PONIES! I've ridden two such DS equipped bikes. They run real strong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When off the bottle, the perfomance drop is slight, but a performance drop, never the less. Will you be able to tell? I did, but that's me. When you talk to the BoonDocker Company Guys, they tell you that there will be a loss due to the rich state in which your carb will need to be in for the system. Good guys though...... VERY helpful. If I were to spend $800 on a system, I would probably go fogger. It will be WAY cheaper, and WAY more tunable in the end. Not to mention that you can get a much bigger shot with a fogger system. Just my two sense.

On a side note, a shout-out! to AMD for the good conversation on NO2. Been a real pleasure dealing with him on-line.

Thanks

Old 09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

they ran pretty good either way on or off the bottle. i run my nx system a little rich no fun burning down

Quick Reply: Boondockers nitrous for DS