CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondockers nitrous for DS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boondockers nitrous for DS

BigDaddy, I think your mistaken about the carb setup. Neither of the two bikes we run it on do we need extra fuel in the carb, (richer jetting). The nozzle from boondocker has a carb pressure screw, to allow you to get the carb pressure what it needs to be. My bike is jetted fine for both on and off the switch. $600.00 for my setup, best money spent for the power.

Old 09-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy at BoonDocker must have been giving me the wrong info. Probably not the case..... In fact, the instructions with the system actually tells you that this must be done. Can probably get away without doing it, but a lean NX system is a SCARY system. I'll look for the info and post if I can.

Just talked to BILL at Boondocker. What a great guy he seems to be. Appearently, the DS 650 isn't as critical as some of the other applications, however Bill/Boondocker suggests that you DO run rich. For those of us who jet for just a slight hint of color on the ceramic, we WOULD definitely want to run richer according to BILL. So I guess, it comes down to a matter of perception. You wouldn't need to run richer than normal if your "normal" is a little rich anyway. If you like to run on the edge, do yourself a favor..... buy a bigger jet. As I stated in my earlier post, both bikes that I've ridden delivered LOTS of power with the system spraying. It's not one of those "I think I felt a little something". It's more like hold on, and don't go crazy until you are used to power.

Fogger or Dry is the question.... sorta...

NO2 or not is a better question. I say use it and don't look back. A forged pistion would definitely help matters though.

BigDaddy - OUT!

Old 09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

The Boondockers system is IMO AWESOME. My Banshee went from running consistent 4.2`s to 3.8`s in 300ft. 4 tenths with room for more. We just purchased a kit for the wife`s bike (HP Research 650) and can`t wait for the results.

To be perfectly honest....the "wet" systen has too many issues with it that could possibly induce a motor failure. Too many parts.....and all of which can go bad. Fuel pumps and batteries and regulators...monitoring fuel pressure and if you don`t have a regulator how do you know for certain that the pump is generating a steady diet of fuel and not fluctuating psi based on voltage...too many variables for me.

The Boondockers system is so straight forward and simple...yet HIGHLY effective. There is the issue of having to "jet richer" when the system is installed. After speaking with Bill Sr. (great guy, I agree) it turns out that the carbs vent tubes were originally intended to equalize the pressure within the bowl to atmosperic pressure while fuel is being evacuated from the bowl. Once the vent tubes are blocked or occupied by the N2o system....the carb will not allow as much fuel to be drawn from the bowl at the same rate as before the vent tubes were occupied. Same principle as venting your gas can for your lawnmower.....pop the little vent cap open and gas comes out MUCH quicker. Well, the cure for this issue is to compensate by jetting up a little. I found that 1-2 mains and a slight turn of the pilot screw was all that was needed. The perfomance loss was negligible because you weren`t REALLY adding fuel to the motor....just allowing the carb to pull the same amount of fuel through with the vent tubes tied into the system. Does this makes sense ....?

Anyway....my results speak for themselves...and the Boondockers kit has its benefits as well as the ability to run up to 60hp. How many of you using "wet" kits are spraying over 60hp?

Not knocking ant types of N2o application...just be sure to give this one a shot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Forcefed, You talked me into it!!!! I like simple so off to order one I go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

how would the boondockers kit work with a lectron 48hv??? any problems, i think randall needs to chime in here

Old 09-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ds650king, I run a lectron 46hv on my bike. As compared to our stock carbed bike, it seems to give much better results. Boondockers installation manual as it sits in front of me makes no such note about enrichening the carburator. They told me if I could not get the system lean enough with a five hole orifice, to remove one of the plugs in the vent lines to lower the carb pressure. As I sit here and read these different posts, it comes apparent to me that somebody is giving different information to each of us. I do run my Ds with a little color on the plugs, they run alot better that way, so if this is what boondockers suggest, I will agree. It will interesting in the spring when I pull down my engine, to see how everything as sustained my evil torment called nitrous. By the way, boondockers also only suggests holding the magic button for 8 seconds or less, One run up Utahs mountain is between 25 - 30 seconds, and I spray the whole way![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

am i the only one not running nos?

Old 09-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i have the nx system, i ran several bottles thru the system at ds days no real problems. i looked at the boonedockers and those guys ran just as hard as i did all weekend long. the nitrous was a very good power booster for all of us. it does look as if the system are holding up well and if there tuned well not to damaging.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

thebigshow your not, I don't . I run all motor now. That could change but not now.

Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

it sounds like the way sandmans 720 was running this weekend, instead of a duel carb i should of bought a little blue bottle...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Boondockers nitrous for DS