CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

clutch slipping with turbo, whats the actuator look like.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch slipping with turbo, whats the actuator look like.

I had some minor clutch problems at sand mountain. Here's the story. I went to pull the clutch to put it on the trailer before coming to sand mountain and it was all slack. With the clutch pulled in when shifting to first it would stall like the clutch was not disengaged. I adjusted the slack the best I could in the handle and rode without problems. It was feeling weird cause there was still slack but ran and shifted fine. I talked to a couple of the boys (sandman430 and majorecho) and they had me adjust the linkage at the motor. I was able to adjust it to normal tension. It ran fine but seemed to engage later in the release of the clutch handle. No problem until I put the turbo on. I had to gently engaqe it from that point on. It did fine in first and second but third slipped a little and fourth was really bad unless I babied it up to speed. We did change the oil when putting on the turbo and added 10/30 non synthetic. The 60% clutch springs were added one riding trip before sand mountain. The clutch pads have about 40 hours of ride time on them. Sandman430 wondered about the actuator or the teeth?? Where is this actuator?? What will the broken teeth be and where are they. I am going to tear into the clutch plates tommorrow morning. I need lots of help.

HELP>>>>>>>>>>Thanks in advance.

Old 09-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Justin:

Give me a call. I can take some pictures and e-mail them to you. I've got some extra parts out of the bike and clutch parts so, should be able to take pictures. Hopefully the teeth is the issue.

Old 09-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

What a guy. How did things end up with your 760?? Do ya still have my email? I still owe you the ride on the turbo and if I remember right you said something about testing out the 760.

thanks,justin

Old 09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

been having the same type problem with the new barnett clutch pak i just installed. i set it up exactly like my other stocker ( clutch arm on motor ) but it still jumps forward when going into first and in the lower gears shifts harder than befor? tried moving the arm on the case in every direction, all different cable adjusting hasn't helped either. it isn't slipping just not free wheeling like it should at idle and when shifting?

Old 09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the actuator is anout a 1 1/2 long and kind of looks like a bolt but only one side has cut grooves. when you order a there is a new version probably the only one they have now but, one never knows. if you have slipped the clutch a lot in the past you might want to ruff your plates with some sand paper.