CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

products that impressed me from ds days.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default products that impressed me from ds days.

well, after a few days of sleep, i'm starting to get my thoughts back to normal. while there i must have seen or rode every mod that we've talked about on here.

1- the first burning question was the sticking lectron, well i have to report i didn't find it to be a hugh problem but could notice a slight something on take off, but when racing never noticed it but then i rev almost to redline to launch. the performance difference was noticable when watching simlar machines.nice to finally get to check one out actually several.

2-next product was the work shocks on the front of crackerjacks quad, those were a night and day difference, i'll be looking into a set of those.

3-the turbos those are great and i soon see those being the mod of choice, the nitrous systems would launch those machines very fast and make the turbos look slow off the line, but they would come on and start to built speed so fast it was amazing, it almost looked as if they were giving us head starts, azsand said i was 6-8 quad ahead thru some whoops on the turbo raptor and by ther top it had pulled up to my rear tire, i was amazed. from talking with kelley the system is only getting better, and easier.

4- the nitrous machines- for the money invested i would have to say those were the machines that,really did well. 650 vipers machine being the one that sticks out the most. to see it you would have thought it to be mostly stock they had a nice location on the bottle, and when he would hit the button he was a force to watch out for, everyone expects 720-830 to perform good, but when he could hang in the race it was impressive, i think in a 300 ft. race many would be very happy with the machine.

5- jeff's machine that's just a work of art, the nitrous install is amazing, the battery relocate again easy but so practical. the list goes on and on.

6- oh and that honda of hargrooves was just sick, and it is light but will take a good wreck and still run all weekend.

Old 09-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I too was very impressed with jed's (650viper) bike. So impressed infact that I will be installing a boondocker kit on my DS very soon. I hope to see a good gain as I could beat jed off the bottle so I am pretty excited to see what the NOS will do for me. Maybe I cam finally **** off some of the punks on 450's down here in UT.

Jeff's bike is always a runner and let me tell you it is a blast to ride. I was able to take it for a spin and I will always be thankful to jeff for letting me ride it. That bike will really put a smile on your face for sure.

The turbo's were quite impressive but I have had the furtune of seeing the progression of majorecho's bike and it was a real shame the his went down because it would have turned a lot of heads for sure. I guess there will always be next year and I am sure that he will have the bugs worked out buy then.

I really think that bang for the buck nitrous is the way to go but we will see how ther turbo's hold up.

I was also impressed with the HP 730 it was a runner. With some gearing and a few less paddles it would have been a screamer. It still ran good but gearing a paddles is where races are won and lost.

Your 720 was also a runner and i was very impressed with the performance of your NOS system.

Old 09-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!! bottle location and Battery ReLocation..... what did I miss??????

PICS PLEASE - or at least a description.

HURRY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff has his bottle under the seat and the battery is mounted up under theoil tank on his 830.

Old 09-10-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

what impressed me was all the fast *** 4-strokes!!!

Old 09-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

good point[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]