CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinity Stage IV Anyone ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Stage IV Anyone ????

Hello there, i just purchased an 05' DS650 this morning. So yes, i'm a newbie i guess. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever used the TrinityRacing Stage IV (stainless) pipe assembly? I comes with a jet kit also. It is also $499.00 smackers too. So if you could give any details about this pipe, sound quality, db, power improvement, etc, i would appreciate it. I don't wanna pay that much for something and it end up being a mistake. If it's worth anything, the unit looks killer! I like my bikes to be loud, so that isn't really a concern for me. But, i don't like the sputtering/sound of the disc type FMF's and SuperTrapps. So, how it sounds and performs is most important. Thanks guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

very nice pipe. no heat shield. and you will have to fix a whisling sound that the pipe makes, all you need is silicone.

Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

I love my Trinity, looks sharp, sounds loud, and yea it chrips when u let off the gas, i like it, very unique, u always know my DS comin thro the woods over any other quad lol, but the power is very nice, i can only compare to a FMF power core IV but the FMF doesnt even compare to this pipe, power wise or quality wise, it is a lot of money, if ur lookin for somethin diff and dependable and loud id get it, but if ur lookin for the most power u can get id look at the Ron Woods pipe, i heard thats the top HP pipe for the DS, also big gun, hmf, pro circuit, white bros, and def the CT pipe, Baja winner pipe or somethin like that, i dont like the Alba, FMF or DG pipes, but thats just my opinion

Old 09-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Range Rover

So the silicone is for the endcap i guess? It leaks air or something? So would you say the sound is nice and deep sounding? Or is it kinda snappy and tight? You are right about the looks, that is the best looking one i have seen so far, thats what caught my eye was the look of it, very nice. You can definetly tell the stock pipe hurts the motor just off of idle, once it gets spooled up a little bit, she starts screamin', man that bike is bad ***. I've had to wait for a few years to get one. The place i bought it from sells Yammerz and he tried to convince me the bike i needed was the YFZ450, i just laughed at him. He swore up and down that the Yam was faster than the DS.
I stuck to my guns and bought what i feel to be the best designed and built ATV ever. For all around use, it just can't be beat. In my opinion. The bike fits me like a glove. I'm putting some Mud Machine A/T's (22x12.5x10) on the rear, the thing just spins too much in first and second gear. Why waste all that torque, right?

Old 09-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Yea i know what u mean about the wheel spin, i threw realtors on and now im runnin mud sharks, i dont think i'll go back to a knobby tire ever again, might try those mud machines but i think my next set is gonna be the dirt devils

Old 09-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Range Rover

I didn't like mine. Wasn't impressed with the overall quality, and feel that my HMF slip has more power with a spark arrestor. They don't send you a jet kit, it's just one main, and was so far off it wasn't even funny. I just expected more from them as they have a good name with Banshees, but I had a bad experience with them from the time of purchase to the time I sold it. And lost my azz on it.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

Hey Nickers, i would try those MudMachines first. I've riddin' on DDevil's before, they are a little loose feeling. I have yet to find an All Terrain Tire that can match the traction of those MudMachines. You'll absolutely love em'. They hill climb, tear up the mud, they are good in the sand. Very good tire.