CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What pipe

Hey im looking for a pipe i want it to hold up good not break, look good, not loud but still put out more power than stock. Also the price is an issue dont want to spend to much money on it.

Old 09-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Range Rover
Default What pipe

im in the same bind! ive been looking into an hmf, or pro circut, so i have the same question?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default What pipe

Well no matter what pipe as long as u stay in the known brands will put u over ur stock power, the HMF is real nice, and cheap, and ive heard has a nice tone to it. Its hard since u dont want loud, but see which ones have a quiet core insert, or just get a mod'd end cap like the Mr HP one, i heard that puts out just as much power as a full system [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default What pipe

I think i might get a FMF powercore 4 pipe my friend has one on his 400ex and another guy i no has it on his raptor, they look nice sound nice are cheap.....250bucks and have quiet core inserts and stuff looks like a good pipe to me

Old 09-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default What pipe

FMF does have some nice lookin pipes, but the one i get might have been a lemmon, it started to fall apart, i had to re-rivet it and the emblem fell off the side, the bracket broke around the muffle broke at the end, i just wasnt happy wit the quality, sometimes ya get what ya pay for

Old 09-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Range Rover
Default What pipe

I have the HMF sport pipe, in yellow, and it is great. I can easily change from quite to loud in less than 2 minutes. The sound is really deep and sharp!
The low end power is awesome with the quite core out, and even with it in, power is only reduced a little. It is leaps and bounds better than stock.

I also had a mod quad end cap, and in my opinion, the mod quad end cap was louder, and there was considerably more weight back there with the stock pipe and end cap combo, and there was no spark arrester.

With the HMF I can put in just the spark arrester, with out the quite core, for the sand and government trails and be ok, unless they are checking for sound then I must use the quite core and spark arrester.

I highly recommend the HMF slip on Pipe for the DS650. The company is awesome to deal with also, very friendly and helpful.

With my mods, and quite core in or just the spark arrester in I needed to adjust my main jet up to 175 to keep away the lean condition backfiring and popping. If I run the pipe full open with no spark arrester I could even jet up to 177.5 this pipe really has great flow and deep sharp tones!

check HMF out here ==> http://www.hmfengineering.com/ds650.html

Old 09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default What pipe

the graydon and ct are good pipes they seem to perform well and clear all the brake parts

Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default What pipe

How are the HMF for quality i think i heard some guy saying they are totall junk and it just fell apart. I do not want another pipe with disks on the end, i dont like that idea so doesnt the CT pipe have the disks?

Old 09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default What pipe

SANDMAN430 is right about the CT & graydon pipes being good pipes. If it was me I would go with the HMF pipe. If not I would with the graydon or CT. IMO.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What pipe

I second BajaXRider04's comments. I purchased the HMF, yellow powder coat a month ago. Great pipe with a good sound. I was having issues in the trails running a 175 main, so I'm back down to a 170. Although, I haven't been able to get the machine on the trails since the switch. I believe the 170 will fix my problems (175 main, popping and little hesitation) while riding in trails where I'm in 1st through 3rd, maybe 4th most of the time. On the dunes, wide open the 175 worked great, but I was in the power band most of the time.

Quick Reply: What pipe