CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which CDI Box?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which CDI Box?

That is great the Procom stands behind thier product but my fear with the Procom would be that it decides to take a dump while I am out on a long trail ride leaving me stranded. One reason I bought the DS was the reliability factor. I wouldn't want to jepordize that with an unreliable CDI.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which CDI Box?

I've had the Procom CDI on my quad for about 6 months. I fried one of them, and received a replacement in a few days. Even with the 1 problem I had, I still say it is worth it. Once you start piping / rejetting / re gearing you quad, the CDI makes a noticable difference. For those long trail rides, I carry the stock CDI with me just in case. Yeah it sucks that you may have to to carry an extra part with you sometimes, but I still think it's worth the noticable gains. You're DS's especially need the etra revs since the stock rev limter is so darn low. That my 2cents.

Old 09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

carrying an extra part sucks, why would you want to pay for a product and then not feel
comfortable with it--

i want to buy something i can trust, procomm has a terrible reputation.

i laugh when people say MINE FRIED AND THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE RIGHT AWAy , THERE THE BEST.

thats so stupid the dam thing should not have fried in the first place..

someone should start a poll so we can see who owns what and did they last, so we can end all the confusion.

it may be more people are buying procomm so it seems like more are frying... the law of averages.

it could be like 4 procomms to 1 everbody else..

Old 09-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

i laugh when people say MINE FRIED AND THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE RIGHT AWAy , THERE THE BEST

Yes! I agree 100%.

Someday I'll write a book on the illogic of people, and how they are loyal to certain sellers with no reason why. When that CDI was offered by a certain person, it was the best thing since sliced bread - then the truth came out. There are others that produce swingarms that crack - yet they still sell them AND people buy them. One of the first DS650 engine builders ripped off countless people, yet, it took months for others to finally accept that. I suppose we all want to feel like we chose the right thing, the right builder, the right product; Yet, when it fails, we say nothing - or even worse, say it was a good decision. What's more, when it works correctly, we say nothing -

It's crazy I know - It does make you wonder how we are able to get this far with our aftermarket parts.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

I think if mine fried. my opinion would change. I have had ZERO problems with mine. so how could I say something bad about a product that has worked well for me. I would not hesitate to say what a POS some part is. even if I payed good money for it.and, dont forget to add to your book of logic. the fact that certain people only talk about failing products that they dont sell. there never seems to be a problem with there products.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

Originally posted by: busmechanic
dont forget to add to your book of logic. the fact that certain people only talk about failing products that they dont sell. there never seems to be a problem with there products.
There are people like that. Not me. I think I did give Procom a compliment. If memory serves, I have spoken out about Ron Wood Racing (regarding new products - the lack thereoff), and I was one of the first to blow the whistle on the MBRP exhaust, Both of those meet your criteria. But I do agree that there are people that sell stuff that only talk the positive. Its nice not to have to be forced into a position like that.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

no axes,no nerves. just having a conversation. did not meen to sound pissed or anything.

yea, I went through the MBRP thing. as a mater of fact. I got it through a freind of yours in san diego. just a coincidence. I could not get that thing to stop backfiring for the life of me. I think the head pipe was to big. and did not flow right. or something like that. but fortunetly I was able to re-ebay it for what I payed for it. it sure was pretty.

you changed up on me. so this will ony make sence to you now.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

Originally posted by: busmechanic
no axes,no nerves. just having a conversation. did not meen to sound pissed or anything.

yea, I went through the MBRP thing. as a mater of fact. I got it through a freind of yours in san diego. just a coincidence. I could not get that thing to stop backfiring for the life of me. I think the head pipe was to big. and did not flow right. or something like that. but fortunetly I was able to re-ebay it for what I payed for it. it sure was pretty.
Ok - Not a problem. The MBRP pipes were pretty. I have yet to see a stainless steel finish like that on an ATV Exhaust. And, as you mentioned, they were terrible on performance. I do make mistakes, like my MBRP purchase, I too ebayed mine, and several others laying around the garage - They did work pretty good for the Raptor though.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

sure am feelin great about the exhaust i own [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which CDI Box?

I have had a Procomm for about 8 months with no problems. I think the people who have had problems are few and the company took care of them right away. I would not hesitate to buy any products from them. It is always good to buy a product that is backed as well as procomm backs their product.