CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

UTAH DS's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:51 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

I missed out as well, I really wanted to make it.
Short Version of a Long Story:
I will have a stroker before Christmas...

Old 10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Not many fast four strokes at the mountain. The fasted three were in our group. Two V's punched to 800 with nos and my turbo. We all ran from 47-53 up the valley and I ran 51 up the face. The overheating problem would not let me hold fourth up the valley. The V's sure did turn alot of heads. Some of the faster 450's did not like getting beat by a big old cvt v force. I think they didn't mind as much loosing to the DS. Several of you guys have got them use to that idea.

Old 10-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

I wish I could have seen those V's beating up on the 450's. I know how it suprises them when I beat them but it must have been priceless to see there looks after getting spanked buy a V. I too have problems pulling the vally in forth I think I am pushing all the fuel out of the bowl and then starving the engine. I will know this weekend if I get the new needle and seat.

That hill is just too long and a engine killer.

Old 10-04-2004, 04:16 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

My engine was killed in my garage, idling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
But that hill can definetly do it. I woudl have liked to see those V foces and DS, maybe next time......

Old 10-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

glad you guys had fun. there are three white yfz's that run 47mph up the valley and they are the fastest standard type bikes.
I wish I would have come down and run with you, you guys should come down for easter. 51mph is pretty good I havent heard of any official 50+mph bikes besides mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Just joined this sight to reply to a Raptor vs YFZ post, Then I stumbled into this one. I was the white YFZ that was racing some of you guys at the face. It was some pretty close racing, with the edge going to you guys. I don't mind losing a close match to machines that are more modded than mine. I think its cool to see some fast 4strokes starting to pop up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have beat the one Vforce several times this year, but he seamed to have it running better over the weekend. The turbo DS (crackerJack) was having clutch problems when I raced him. So I won't count that race.
Hey DSaholic, it was fun racing you a couple weekends ago. That was some good close racing also. We were definetly faster when you weren't shootin, but you had the slight edge when you were. After having watched all of you run, I can safely say that cpcpatriot is the standard right now. But I'm sure that everyone will return even bigger and better for next year. It was good meeting you guys, If I see you again I will come say hi. Thanks for some good racing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

It is good to see you on the sight and it sure was some fun racing that past weekend. You guys have some of the fastest YFZ's that I have seen down there that is for sure. We are headed down to the hill this saturday and staying till monday. The weather is looking like it is going to be real nice so the riding should be great. Hope to see you there.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

You definitely had the fastest 450 I raced this weekend. How did ya like the first race where I hit the nitrous right at the end and it wouldn't shut down. I ended up in the weeds. Good racing. Now be honest and tell what all you have done to your 450.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

I got the barnett clutch on alternating the barnett springs and 60% springs saturday night. It held great sunday. We will see how long it lasts.

Performance. You would have had the fastest 450 sunday also. To bad ya had to leave.

Old 10-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Crackerjack,
Glad to hear you had a good time, I drove by the dunes on my way back from Great Basin Ntnl. Park on Sunday afternoon and thought about you!

For all Utah DS'ers I will be back down on the 16th, going to try to hook up with a family of DS'ers from Grand Juction I just met.

Major-DSA, any help/advice you can give me on jetting for our location/elevation would be appreciated:
I am running mostly stock, White Brothers pipe, No Airbox lid, currently a 162.5 Mikuni jet.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: UTAH DS's!!!!