CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 800 Next Spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800 Next Spring

Heard this from my dealer a few weeks ago, it seems that BRP has a keen interest in the open 4x4 class, and wants to expand the success of its Outlander line. Its no secret that its left behind in this category. He said that there is confirmation for an 800 Outlander to be released in the spring of '05, using a similar engine to the V-Twin engine in their snowmobile line. The major hangup is developing a Spar frame that will handle the extra weight and torque of a larger mill. He didn't say much else, except to expect a release in April-May. I own four quads, three of them open class 4x4s (and a Raptor for fun). They're all used for work (a Grizz, 700 Prairie and Sportsman), but like to have something to have fun on after hours. My workers drive the s#*t outta them (oilfield contracting), and I've found the Polaris and Kawi are sub-par in quality. I've owned nine or ten quads in the business, and for toughness nothing beats a Honda, Yamaha, or Bombardier. This dealership also carries Suzuki, and I went in to check a new King Quad. However, if Bombi has a new open-class in the works, everythings on hold until I know whats coming. There is no doubt that Bombi's are the most reliable quad made (Honda has lost that title) with their standard three-year warranty. Hell, even Deere is putting their stamp on 'em. If anyone has more info on this, let us know. This could definately be the quad I've been waiting for for a while.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

Okay, took a look on the i-net, and a page said heavy rumours of an 800 Outlander, with EFI. They also claimed a V-Twin engine, and due out next spring. I HOPE so!

Old 09-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

You are right, I was given the same information from a guy that works for Bombardier here in Quebec. A 2006 Outlander 800 V-twin with EFI and they are presently working on high performance accessories for this Outlander, due to the competition and growing popularity for higher performance from big bore Sport/utility quad. It should be a very interesting machine.

Old 09-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

That would be awesome! It would be even better if they built one with the 600 SDI 2-stroke sled motor. The only reason I ride Poo is because when I first got into wheelin', they were they only one with a sled for dirt; ie. 2-stroke, CVT, single brake. If Bombi builds a bigger Outlander, they might woo me away from Poo.....even if it is a boat anchor 4-stroke. You guys know Rotax builds a 125cc RAVE valve Kart motor that makes 28 horse??

Old 09-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Ace,
thanks for the news, ... and I agree with what you say about the durability of ATVs. We don't use ours for business, but we have owned over 30 ATVs in the last several years, and have owned every brand. We have came to the same conclusion as you, the toughest ATVs on the planet are built by Yamaha, and especially Bombardier. Honda is no longer the most reliable ATV, although they are still better than the other brands.

I think the Outlander 400 is the best designed 400cc utility ATV on the market right now, so an Outlander 800 would be awesome, and I would snag me one as soon as they came out. Our Grizzlys are the best utility ATVs we have ever owned, but I use mine hard and it wont last forever. Selling my '04 Grizzly 660 for an '06 Outlander 800 would be perfect.

OuterLimit

Old 09-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

I agree 100%, you couldn't have put it any better. The Yamaha Grizz sees the most work use, and usually gets the hardest riders, for the main reason that it refuses to have any downtime. It's going to be tough to let it go, but if Yamaha isn't making any changes to it for '05 (my dealer said its because they are firmly in first place sales in open class 4x4s, there is no need to change it - I disagree, they will lose potential repeat buyers), I'm going to have to look for other machines. I'm upgrading my entire fleet this year, and I must be a sucker for punishment. I'm going to trade in my trouble-prone Kawi for a Brute Force, mainly because its got all the features I like. That Kawi has left me on the trail more times than even our Polarises, and that stupid belt reminder is nothing but a money grabber for Kawi (but I know how to fix it now myself). The Grizz is to be traded for a King Quad, I'm hearing nothing but positives about that quad and Suzuki is not too bad for toughness and reliability. The Sportsman I'm not sure yet... The AC 650 H1 sounds tempting, but the new Sportsman 700/800 EFI has some features that make it stand out - rear work lights, accessory plugs, EFI, more suspension, and you just can't beat the ride. I only wish Honda would put a low range on the Tranny, I'd buy alot of them. So, for a fourth work quad its either an Outlander 800 or another Grizz. I'll need it by next spring, and if the Bombi is half the quad I expect it to be, I'd even consider replacing all the units with these quads. Other contractors in my business swear by either BRP or Honda. However, the Hondas just don't have the extra features I'm looking for anymore that the others have. If I want a Honda work quad, it'll have to be a Rubicon, a stiffly-suspended, non-IRS, full-time 4WD 500 - a few years ago that may have sounded tempting, but not today. SO lets hope that Bombi really does release this quad in the NEAR future, I expect it to give the King Quad a run for top spot in the open class.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

bomb is going in the right direction with the sport utility 800 but i heard yam. + others are coming out with a machine thats bigger than a 800cc

Old 09-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I just hope they produce a new DS with an 800 EFI one of these days.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombman
bomb is going in the right direction with the sport utility 800 but i heard yam. + others are coming out with a machine thats bigger than a 800cc
I doubt it...alot of states around have laws that govern such things as cc's and weight restrictions...minnesota does and 800 is the cap

Old 09-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

GO BOMB GO.

Quick Reply: Outlander 800 Next Spring