CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DESTROYED my DS650

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2000, 12:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am lucky to be here typing this after what has happend. Me and a few of my riding buddies went down to buckleberry in Johnston county where there is a roughly 1/4 mile dirt drag strip where all the fast atvs come to from around here to Race, talk a little junk, and have fun on a sunday afternoon the race area is wide so 4 people usually race at the time but as many as 8 or 9 can safely do it as well. The Drag strip is just a farmers old soybean field so there are no real rules everybody usually just races one way then comes back up the side to race again. I was lined up against 2 Banshees, a 250R and a 400ex we took off and about the time I shifted into Fourth I collided head on with a Banshee coming the wrong way up the drag strip he says he didnt see me and I never saw him in fact nobody I was racing saw him either were not quite sure where the hell he came from. He bailed at the last second but I didnt even have that considering I saw him maybe 1 second before impact. The hit threw me clear off my DS and when I finally stopped tumbling and sliding on the ground my DS was about 30ft away and one of my front springs was lying next to me. I now have a broken foot and nice cuts and bruises all over my body the guy on the Banshee was fine we were both lucky Im not mad at the guy who hit me and im not afraid to go riding because sh*t happens. My DS was insured so I will have another one in 8 weeks after my foot heals.

I do have a few pictures of what was left of my DS after the crash that a friend of mine has posted on her website www4.ncsu.edu/~hk***
click on Rogers crash

Always wear a helmet,
Roger

Old 08-25-2000, 01:00 PM
Range Rover

O.K. I dont know how why this happened but the web address above is not what I put in where the *** is above is supposed to be the letters g a y no it is not a "fruity" web site it is my friends last name

www4.ncsu.edu/~hk***
www4.ncsu.edu/~hkg a y ***= g a y

Old 08-25-2000, 01:02 PM
Range Rover

what is the ***. f'in filters.

Old 08-25-2000, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is one serious crash... Glad to hear you were okay. I just have to wonder what that ONE guy was thinking, didn't he look down the freaking drag strip and see 4-5 ATVs RACING at HIGH speed twords him? From the information you gave me.. It really sound like this guy shoulda opened his eyes a little more. People in a race are only concerned about one thing, and it isn't always the supposedly empty area in front of them.

Old 08-25-2000, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear that you are insured. Too bad about your injuries, though, they could have been a lot worse. Heal quickly.

Next question, what are you going to replace it with? Same thing, or something else?

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 08-25-2000, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

You are one very,,very lucky man. Glad to see you made it out of there.

Direct hot link to pics

arrrr. dang filter is killing my link!!!

Old 08-25-2000, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

that was a big one

what does the banshee look like ?

Old 08-25-2000, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Ouch is right. Man...

What did the banshee look like?

Even with insurance, I am sure it will cost plenty. Insurance settlment usually less than the cost of new one.

Old 08-25-2000, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

I am going to get another DS650 due to the fact that I am 6'4 310 ( which is actually over 100 lbs LESS than what I weighed just 1 year ago) so with that said I think my reason for choosing a DS is obvious. You name it I probably know somebody with one and have riden it and as far as a High performance / sport atv it is the most comfortable for somebody my size. It will hang with piped Banshees even with my Biga$$ on it. Even though I plan on loosing another 60-70 lbs I will still be tall and I will probably always be big so I'll stick to the DS.

Old 08-25-2000, 05:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You are definately lucky! It would be very tough not to be really pissed at the other guy! Was it dusty? If so...that could explain somewhat.

Quick Reply: DESTROYED my DS650