CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

whats up with the ds getting 5th?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with the ds getting 5th?

i was very upset to our ds get 5th out of seven for the best dune bike on the market from atv rider the raptor got first. but i was happy to see that the expert picked the ds as the favorite.

Old 09-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go figure. I have never seen the DS finish near the top in any magazine shootout. WHat where their gripes with the DS? Let me guess its too big and heavy. I think most of the magazines use horse jockeys as test riders and that is why it never gets a fair shake. Personally I don't read much into the magazines.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

There cant be to much wrong with them.Ive been seeing quite a
few whenever i ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Dont give it any thought ! The Mags are geared toward the GNC / GNCC crowds since thats where most of the companies gear their products towards. Its just a matter of money too. In the big picture the DS crowd is a small section.
Im happy to be a member......

Old 09-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

One ride in the dunes sold me a few weeks ago. I came home and bought one the next day. I have been riding it at Hollister tha last couple of weekends to break it in and I am totallly impressed. The suspension is awesome, i havn't eeven tapped the power yet! I am one happy camper![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm with you Teebone. I was torn between a new 400ex or a used Raptor, then a buddy at work brought in his 02 DS. Two laps around the dirt lot and I was sold. I bought an 01 (got a killer deal) with super low hours. Of course, I bought it just in time for AZ summer, but I still squeezed in a couple early mornings. I have tapped the power, and even bone stock, it is spectacular.

Come on cool weather!

Old 09-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

The last time I purchased an ATV that was a "shootout winner" in a magazine I ended up selling it after just four months because, ... it s u c k e d . I don't know what the magazine test riders were thinking, but that thing handled like a boat. It was a utility ATV, and pretty much every utility ATV I have had other than that one has been better than that one, LOL.

So for sport quads I did my own "shootout". I bought a 400EX, YFZ450, Raptor 660, V-Force 700, and a DS650. This time I know which one is best, ... IT'S THE DS 650!! So I sold all the rest, and went back out and bought a new DS 650. Too bad I didn't have enough money to buy all those ATVs at once, because it took me three years worth of riding lesser machines to get back on the one that is best. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

OuterLimit

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

OuterLimit will you adopt me? Heh I'll be more than happy to take on of your leftovers. I gotta say it......must be nice to go through quads. After seeing your toyhauler, how many of those have you owned? Glad to hear from someone who has ridden them all and not have a biased opinion. I couldn't agree more with your decision.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

You're adopted. Now the lawn needs mowed, so get after it, LOL.

This is our second toyhauler is all, they cost too much to do an extensive toyhauler shootout.

But in our limited toyhauler shootout of somewhat less than one hundred different toyhaulers (two): Dune Chaser beats Weekend Warrior. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]