CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

too much wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too much wheelie

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] ok 04 ds 650 x stage 2 rwr kit plus ct pipe. stock gearing ; sidewinder 520 timoly kit. problem is i cant seem too launch this thing without keeping the front end down. this is also a problem power shifting into second, dirt or sand. i know the 04 have a shorter swingarm by 1.8 inches . any help would be great.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default too much wheelie

Old style swing arm would help.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
sam
Pro Rider
Default too much wheelie

you can try to soften the rear suspention. I did for dirt drags and the more soft the less it wheelies.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default too much wheelie

thanks for the input, now my question is who has one for sale out their. plus is the carrier the same and will the brakes mount back up. ineed too replace my rear tires how do the 22s effect handling?

Old 09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default too much wheelie

thanks for the shock info, i will try this i did notice alot of people noting they had 40% or 60% clutch springs. do the ds,s really start to burn up clutchs after some motor mods? i have too say i am really impressed with the rwr stage 2 kit plus the 520 sidewinder kit. one thing though when i tore my motor down and re assembled iwas not sure where the black hose from the magneto cover goes, i think it went too the original carb?? now i have the tm 45 any help!!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default too much wheelie

An older style swing are would help, but I am not sure it will be enough. You would probaly be better going with a +2 (thats +2 of old style) aftermarket swingarm. It will keep your front end down better and you can shave some more weight off. If you are planning on doing more mods, you may even want a longer swingarm, all depending on your riding style.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default too much wheelie

Removing the preload on the front shocks drops the front end down quite a bit and helps in keeping it down when launching. I would try that before swapping out your swingarm. Also dropping to a 15T front sprocket and launching in 2nd helps keep the front end down. ANd yes I would recommend upgrading to the RWR 60% with your mods. I did mine a few weeks ago and the pull is not that bad at all.

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default too much wheelie

Launching in 2nd gear was the reason I changed to a 15th front sprocket, It didn't work for me. (Wheelie like crazy) First gear launching it spins like crazy, But it's a lot more fun in the woods

Old 09-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default too much wheelie

Black hose is a breather. Make sure it doesn't get pinched.

With aftermarket carb(s) most people run it up into the frame then back down and terminate it low either under the frame or back by the rear brake res. Some people put a small K&N filter on it (I don't). Mine runs up and forward over the radiator then down the front of the radiator and under the right side of the frame. I have it zip tied tightly to the frame. But, not so tight it pinches off air flow.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default too much wheelie

To help with the wheelie problem you could just buy some tires that dont grip as well as the one you have now- this is prbably the easiest solution....

Quick Reply: too much wheelie