CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

now its time...to say goodbye.....to all our family....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default now its time...to say goodbye.....to all our family....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i think i have pulled the last straw with the ds....

i finally break it open after the known clutch sprag/starter gear issue....find out that the crank bearing wasnt spinning (welded itself together) and my starter motor still ran, but was kind of harsh...so replaced that.

finally get it all back together...and my second battery dies (this battery is 2 freakin months old.... was charged up and sat for 3 weeks, now i cant revive it at all (wont take ANYTHING) i think somehow my oil resevoir has a crak in it somewhere....as all of a sudden there is large amounts of dirt/dust accumulating around the steering stem/oil resevoir. (i cant even get ahead in fixing this thing to even ride it...just keep finding problems)

i am now at like a grand in stock parts.... i would love to buy a new 05 if they wernt so expensive, and if i didnt hate my local bomb dealers with such a burning passion. (just an example of why i hate them...i have a full shop manual CD...well so i thought. I was at my local Yammy/zuki shop [i am pretty good freinds with all those guys. so i do the grunt work like exhaust and covers on/off so i only get charged for stuff i cant do like pulling bearings/flywheels] anyway..i got all the parts in and found i didnt know where that flat washer went (only two places it can go, but thought id save myself the 30 minutes of finding out i was wrong by asking). we called up the closest dealer and talked with the OWNER....instead of taking 2 minutes to bring up the microfiche of the right side cover, he said it was SIMPLE MECHANICS and hung up... quality huh? that same dealer i saw at one of the local fairs and asked how much OTD on a new 05... being his usual jack@ss self he stated it would take him about 20 minutes becuase he would have to factor in this and that and the other, and proceded to try and get rid of me. the other 2 "local" dealers are the same way (bunch of arrogant A-hole honkey red necks)

so seeing as how i dont want to even walk into these shops ever again, and the HUGE loss i would take over getting a new one (probably 2500-3000) i think i may be leaving the bomb arena and looking for somthing else....

the truly sad part is there is currently NO other quad on the market that interests me at all... Dont like the yfz
3 of my buddies have them and are constantly having me ride them and trying to convince me to get one. but i just get fatigued in like 20 mins of hard riding due to the suspension/seat throttle, header blasting my leg, and most of all that 2 stroke power band. [and i wish i liked it as it is so easy to work with the guys at the yam shop]

and the honda...well i had hopes for it...but being kickstart and having the same lugging down problem like the yfz for now its out...

im trying to find some info on the atk 450 (new cannodale) but info is nearly impossible to find, and msrp is like 8k

i was hoping the zuki 450 (even though im sure it will be VERY similar to the yfz/450r) would come out early, or maybe see what this 600/650 honda is about?

once i get this thing running (if thats even possible) i think im going to sell it as/is and probably just go quadless for a few months. (sucky part is i was invited with my friends down to florida/ky/tn for a week during xmas)

sorry for this huge war and peace - sized thread...guess i needed to vent!

Old 09-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Thats too bad too hear. I hope you find something good that you enjoy. Just hope you dont stop riding.

Old 09-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you got a different motor?

Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

i dont see that happening...i just hope whatever i do end up with i will be happy with it. the DS served me well when it ran...but with the stress of just starting college (no one warned me you actually have to DO stuff...) and having to just work on a quad while everyone else rides just isnt worth having it around.

if i do end up leaving Bomb, i will also miss this forum GREATLY. I have noticed in my occasionaly meet-ups with forum riders, the population seems to be in the 20s/30s/40s and i think that is why this forum is so clean and filled with SOLID information. (i have gone into both the yammy and honda forum on this board, and a few others, and it is 99% kids with nothing to add except VS's threads, top speed threads, and general "your brand sucks" threads)

and wayne, ya i did buy another motor...( thats where i got the starter/sprag/main gear/bearing and a few other small parts)

i havnt checked the forum in awhile, what is the current status of ur truck/trailor/quads?

Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: R00ST
i dont see that happening...i just hope whatever i do end up with i will be happy with it. the DS served me well when it ran...but with the stress of just starting college (no one warned me you actually have to DO stuff...) and having to just work on a quad while everyone else rides just isnt worth having it around.

if i do end up leaving Bomb, i will also miss this forum GREATLY. I have noticed in my occasionaly meet-ups with forum riders, the population seems to be in the 20s/30s/40s and i think that is why this forum is so clean and filled with SOLID information. (i have gone into both the yammy and honda forum on this board, and a few others, and it is 99% kids with nothing to add except VS's threads, top speed threads, and general "your brand sucks" threads)

and wayne, ya i did buy another motor...( thats where i got the starter/sprag/main gear/bearing and a few other small parts)

i havnt checked the forum in awhile, what is the current status of ur truck/trailor/quads?

I finally got a call from a detective today, but I was not home, he said a-a-a whut kind of trailer wuz it a flat bed, open or enclosed...I need to put it on the report. I already gave them this info..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] just something else to **** me off.

was that the washer that goes on the end of one of the starter gears or a different one.?
MAybe you should have just done the motor swap.

Hey, I don't have my bike and I'm still here..

Old 09-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks they are not very helpful....

i do love the ds (well everything except the weight....) ill probably still come here to chat and get info about general topics... i will know for sure if im getting rid of it once i finally fix this long list of problems (if more pop up its for sure gone...lol)

Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Good luck, I have had quads come and go, but my DS was the shiznit for me, but I don't think I can ever duplicate what I had with out a lot of $$$, I will probably wind up with a used 400ex or something.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

lol...well if u can find a frame ive got 75% of an engine...

i almost wish i had somthing simple like a 400... sometimes its nice being able to kick around a lower power quad (i very often miss my old bear tracker 250.... that quad never skipped a beat, even when i put a KN in it an open pipe and never rejetted lol)

Old 09-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

Hey Roost, you said you'd be down for Xmas? I can hook you up with my guy at the local Bomb dealer. I got him down to $6,100 OTD. I thought it was a decent enough deal. I've never paid that much for an ATV before, so it was still high for me. But i really like the DS and had to have one. I think i talked him down to $7,200 OTD for the 05' DS650X. I feel bad for ya' and all the problems you're havin'. But you ain't gonna find a replacement like the DS. I've ridin' em' all. So you said the crank bearings failed? How hard do you ride your bike? Is it in the rev limiter alot? Did it score up the crank at all? Was it blued or discolored? Just wondering. For information's sake. Let me know if you're interested in a new Bomb.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

ya we were gonna hit a few parks in tn/ky and then spend a few days riding i think its called ocala forest? (its that or the other one...i think one was for dirtbikes, dont remember which we are hitting)

but anyway putting price aside (im not made of money only being 18 with crappy income and a new quad is a GOOD chunk of my saved cash) its mainly having service done... i could buy my quad basically anywhere, and as long as i got the quad its no big deal. but having service done is the problem.... i cant get parts easily, my local yam/zuki shop has only had like 3 of these things EVER, and again i dont want to mess with the bomb shops.

there is one shop about 1 1/2 hours north... (saw them at an earlier fair) and the guy seemed cool...maybe i can check that out.

but thanks for the offer, but thats about the same price the guys around here want (7100/7200 otd on the X)

maybe we can hook up for a day of riding.

and about how hard i ride...this is the seriously ironic part: i am one of the most cautious riders out there...doing EVERY tiny bit of preventative maintenance, and i NEVER sit on the limiter for more than like 2 seconds. Even when we were out at LS Utah, going up sand mountain in second i kept it at like 7k-7500 (even tho redline on my cid is like 8400 or somthing)

i dont jump more than a couple feet, i change oil and fluids on a VERY regular basis (coolant has been done 3 times in the year ive had it, and oil after every 15 or so hours)

i have always been so afraid my life savings on wheels would break, so i was always pretty soft on it. And look how i get repaid (looking back nowi wish i had beaten the crap out of it...maybe it wouldnt have talked back lol)

Quick Reply: now its time...to say goodbye.....to all our family....