CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

new ds 650 prices?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ds 650 prices?

what is a new ds 650 x going for? what is the average?

Old 09-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

The very best deals anyone has reported lately are in the $6,700 range OUT THE DOOR for the DS650 X.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $5999 OTD for an 04 Baja X in May. I havent seen any deals better than that so if you find something near $6k its a good price.

Sean

Old 09-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

the local dealer called today he has an 04 bajax for 6299.00 i dont think that is such a good deal

Old 09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sean....

WHERE IN THE WORLD did you get that price???

PM me with details if you don't want to post it.
And .... Out the Door?! Tax, License... and all???

Man...
My sister just last night bought 650X in Black and Grey for $7000 out the door.

Get back to me asap if you can!
I've got another sister about to make the deal too.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Johnnyairtime
Sean....

Man...

Sean and I bought at the same time from this dealer (Xtreme Motorsports in Twin Falls ID)
$5,999 OTD. No tax because we are out of state. My cousin called them a couple of weeks ago asking if he could get the same deal and they basically said no and quoted him $6,800 OTD on an 05 Baja X.
They told my cousin we got a great price because they were clearing out their 04's and that they had these two in stock for most of the year. You may have to wait til April/May of next year to see if they have any 05's laying around to get that kind of a deal.

This is not the best time of year for deal shopping. 05's just came out a couple of months ago so dealers are going to sit on them until just before 06's are ready to come out.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSengineer
Originally posted by: Johnnyairtime
Sean....

Man...

Sean and I bought at the same time from this dealer (Xtreme Motorsports in Twin Falls ID)
$5,999 OTD. No tax because we are out of state. My cousin called them a couple of weeks ago asking if he could get the same deal and they basically said no and quoted him $6,800 OTD on an 05 Baja X.
They told my cousin we got a great price because they were clearing out their 04's and that they had these two in stock for most of the year. You may have to wait til April/May of next year to see if they have any 05's laying around to get that kind of a deal.

This is not the best time of year for deal shopping. 05's just came out a couple of months ago so dealers are going to sit on them until just before 06's are ready to come out.

OKAY... I see what happened now.

You got "Wholesale" '04 bikes from a broker... not a dealer. And I assumed it was an '05.

Those bikes are sometimes hard to register... they at times have to send another 'state' registration or title so you can have it verified by California DMV. And then... when it's being verified, you'll have to tell them how much you paid. SO ultimately it's not that good of a deal (in my honest opinion). A lot of red tape can play havoc.

The '05 X my sister bought was $7k OTD. I'd almost rather pay the $1k for a CA registered and titled bike so there's less hassle for the $600 or so you save. Because if you can't get by with a fib to the DMV about how much you paid, especially if they want to verify ... then you've got to pay full taxes on the purchase price.

IMHO.... It's just easier to buy local.
No assembly required, no need to haul tools to the freight dock to assemble before taking home...etc.etc.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Peace out.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

i dont understand what you are saying.

We didnt buy them wholesale. We bought them from xtreme motorsports which is a bombardier dealer in twin falls idaho. They came with MSO's which is all you need to register in california. We have bought yamaha raptors in oregon before and get the mso's and all we did to register in california was go to the dmv with the MSO and register them and get the green sticker.

We didnt have to assemble them, i brought the cashiers checks for both of the DS, did the paperwork at the dealer then drove them right into the weekend warrior.

DSengineer has already registered his in california and he didnt have a single problem. I dont register my bikes in california. I register them in oregon. If i ever want to register mine i california it will be considered used and i can have a bill of sale written up for much cheaper than new too.

I dont see how this is anymore of a hassle and i saved a lot of money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Sean

Old 09-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Ahhhh...

I was mixin' my threads up...
Saaawry about that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Then cool... you obviously live in the area where you can pick'em up.

I'm speaking about the deals that come out of the places back East.
In crates, and are shipped freight to a loading dock. From a Broker.

So no worries....
Glad to hear you busted that deal!!!

Old 09-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

You may still find an '04 X out there you can get a deal on,,,but they have sold well, and the '05s are moving pretty well too. $6800 OTD not including tax or license is probably as good a price as you'll find, right now. There are still '04 Predators out there cheap, but the rebate expires thursday night, Sept. 30.