CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what tires does everyone run for mud/snow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tires does everyone run for mud/snow?

im getting tired of buying tires to find i dont like them (gets a bit costly)

im looking for a tire that is light (i know thats quite an issue when looking for beefy tires) but has good lugs, and pretty good wear. (and of course traction and being nearly free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

i personally have run realtors, bandits, holeshots, bearclaws, surtraks, ohtsus and hmm i think thats it.

the realtors are hefty, but get good traction. the only other two i would consider mud/snow type tires are berar claws (good traction, gum up easily, and are heavy) and sur traks (better lug spacing, clean a BIT better but not great, are 2 plys so decently lightweight, and like 40 bucks a tire)

what does everyone else run? bomber if you see this, i wouldnt mind your thought on the mud machines and vampires on your buddies bike. i ran some mud machines on a friends warrior and it lugged it down pretty badly.

the one i currently have my eye on is the mudlite. i heard it has pretty goo traction, is relatively lightweight, and is decently cheap.

for awhile i was considering getting just one set of tires (well besides paddles) and making it somthin like razr II's which should work just about everywhere, but being 80 bucks a tire, i think id rather have two sets (somthing for grass/drags/trails and then one for snow/mud and looser stuff)

Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Well i posted the exact same topic about a week or go i guess...i got replys and the only tire that stuck out a bit was the sur tracks because of the lugs and the light weight....im still going with bearclaws this winter and in the summer i am going to try sur tracks for that time. Mudlites i dont like at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive seen them on a yfz450 he drives ALLOT but i drive the same ammount as he does and the tires were gone in a couple months and even bran new i found the yfz450 didnt go that great for having new tires and me having bald *** old bearclaws. If you find a good snow/mud tire tell me cause im still looking and have orderd a new set of bearclaws once again...

Old 11-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

ya im hoping bomber (i think thats his SN) can give me weights on his mud machines vampires.

im thinking im giong to go with surtraks if nothing else pops up (and ya i have heard that mudlites wear out too fast)

Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

for snow i just bought maxxis-4snow a lot of ppl said they were good and were really good for dirt drags so we'll see and i'll let u guys know how i like them.....plus u can run them in the other direction for more traction.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

Ok Roost, i'll try to have em' weighed by this weekend. I still have my stock tires and rims in the garage, so i'll be able to weigh both sets of tires and rims. Should be what yur' lookin' for. But, i've already told ya', buy those MudMachines, you won't be disappointed. I swear it. They are awesome! Very versatile tire. I'll let ya' know as soon as i get em' weighed, ok? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

they look awsome if they arent to heavy thats a tire ill have to look into if they dont cost to much??????? and wear to fast