CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone have a stock front shock break?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a stock front shock break?

wow that looks pretty crazy. nobody got hurt did they? i hope not. mine broke on the other end. i have a 00 so after four years of hard riding i guess it had all it could take. the guy i bought mine from was a total idiot and had no concept of the word maintnance. the thing was not even clean when i bought it let alone all the mechanical defects but the price was right. that pic is wicked though. what is he gonna do? look for another stocker or get som aftermarkets?

Old 11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have broken 2 stock shocks and one works with the 1/2 in shaft. I have since had the 5/8 shafts put on and now they seem to be working great.

Old 11-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BOMBSAINT
wow that looks pretty crazy. nobody got hurt did they? i hope not. mine broke on the other end. i have a 00 so after four years of hard riding i guess it had all it could take. the guy i bought mine from was a total idiot and had no concept of the word maintnance. the thing was not even clean when i bought it let alone all the mechanical defects but the price was right. that pic is wicked though. what is he gonna do? look for another stocker or get som aftermarkets?
BombSaint He survived the broken shock jump but had a accident trying to get the DS back to the trucks. He'll be ready when gets some skin to grow back on his hands, elbows & knees. Sure glad he had his helmet on, just wish he had his gloves on. He's really lucky it could have been alot worst looking at the bike & helmet. What makes it bad was he was riding with his raptor buddy when it happened so he'll never hear the end of it from him.

I don't know if he'll go back stock shock or aftermarket. I guess it depends what it's going to cost to get the DS back on the trails.

He needs handle bars, billet thumb throttle, front shock or shocks, front master cylinder cover & tie rod. I'm working on taking the trashed parts off & finding some replacement while he's healing up. So hopefully I'll have it fixed soon, out of my garage & back in his.

Thank for the concern.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Won a set of 2000 front DS650 front shocks off of ebay (I believe he's a forum member) so that should get his shocks taken care of. Just need to find a few more parts to get him back on the road.