CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier Outlander owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier Outlander owners!

Ok, First off, I am a "newbie" to this forum

I already bought a '04 Outlander MAX and so far I have been very happy with it. my last ride was a 1984 Honda 110 Three wheeler, which I got rid of in 1989....

needless to say i was shocked as to how far ATV's have come!

I hope to gain some information from this forum as well as offer some. I am a 30 year old Aircraft ( A-10 Thunderbolt II) mechanic for the USAF, so I know a thing or two about mechanical things. I also rebuilt my first small block chevy at 13 years old... and it ran!

To those Outlander owners, what should I keep a "eye" out for as far as problems?

What "oil" do you prefer.... the Bomb stuff at $10 a quart? Royal Purple? Mobil 1?

do you use regular unleaded or do you run premium in your Outlander? ( my first tank was Amoco 93)

I bought the service manual as well, packed full of tons of information and worth the salty price!

So far my local dealer has been VERY helpful in every way, so if you're in the market for some mail order, I think they could help out.

anyway, here I am and hope to be a helpful addition to the board.

thanks, Jim

Old 11-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, I do have an Outlander though. Skip the dealers expensive oil, you can get ATV organic oil at Kragens or Walmart for $3 a quart, Walmart has Shell Rotella T fully synthetic for $13 a gallon, it's just fine, actually better oil. Shifter tends to be a little sticky, gotta rock it once in a while to get from park to H, etc....tranny is a little noisy "whiney". It's a single piston engine, so I'm not sure 93 octane is necessary but won't hurt it, combustion shouldn't be a problem huh? LOL. I think the brand of fuel is more important then octane, I use Chevron only in all my quads and bikes.

Also, change your oil and filter after the first hour or two of riding, then again after about ten hours. You'll notice metal shavings in the oil filter.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had my outlander max since last spring. I had a click when starting up in forward from the clutch, but that has stopped or I don't notice it. I have almost 400 miles on it with no other problems, I use Reg. gas.