CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sidewinder NO GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder NO GOOD

I got bite again. I went for the 520 conversion for the DS650 called on a SAT Nov 6 I want 15/42 ask if in stock, yes they have them on the self, my order will ship out Monday the 8th be there the FRI the 12th. I am having one of those weeks at work. Today (the18th) is this the first time I had to call. Not only has my order not ship yet, it has not even been made yet. It will not ship till the after Thanksgiving. I take it in the shorts again

Old 11-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

did they throw the vasiline in for free?

Old 11-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Dang not again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

as I have been saying for months ... DONT BUY FROM SIDEWINDER!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I need a master link for the stock chain. I just got everything back on and torque down and the pivot bolt is a pain to get trough the swing arm.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm STILL battling with Sidewinder over the shaft they stuck in my @ss earlier this year. I've been talking to Vic Krause at Sidewinder for weeks via. a-mail and they refuse to take care of me. I paid them $180 for a Ti chain in 530, but got a cheap **** chain instead, and they refuse to fix the situation because I rode with the **** chain before I realized it was not what I paid for. When I realized my so called Ti chain had black pins and rollers and other people's 520 Ti chains had silver pins and rollers, I quickly understood why my chain kept rusting on the trailer during the drive home from local rides after taking on creek crossings. No amount of chain lube, regardless of type or brand, will prevent this **** chain they sold me for $180 from looking like **** no matter how hard I try to take care of it. The stock D.I.D. is higher quality than this **** I got from Sidewinder, and it actually looks better at 4 years old than the 4 month old Ti ****.

Did I mention that the chain I paid Sidewinder $180 for (+plus shipping) was absolute ****? If their place burnt down tonight, I'd smile like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

So who do we need to send the emails to? Is it Vic Krause? How can we help Hightower & BillDS650 to get there money back? I will email who ever that needs to be. Just let me know or us who to contact.

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,

I've got some of that Sidewinder idiot oil ... want me to throw some in a box? LOL

Old 11-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is what I said to Vic Kraus recently:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
Vic,
I have not heard anything at all from Mike Bauer.
It is very obvious to me that I have paid for a chain that is supposed to Ti Series but it is not, it is simply plain old run of the mill everyday steel chain. The whole story is below in the original message.

What I would consider satisfactory service is for Sidewinder to send me a new 530 Ti Series chain for my DS650, since that is what I paid for. Its either that or a full 100% refund including all shipping charges. I would be happy to send back the chain that I currently have from you, but naturally I do not feel it is my responsibility to pay for the shipping charges.

Please advise me of what I should do next, just put yourself in my shoes. I thought I was buying the best, and Sidewinder may be the best for all I know, because what I have is not what I ordered or paid for, so I haven't had the opportunity of actually trying the best - the Ti series. I am giving Sidewinder the benefit of the doubt here, assuming I was sent the wrong chain by mistake. But if I don't get it resolved soon then I will have to change my assumptions and figure out how to handle the situation differently.

Thanks for your time,
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

His response back to me was that they will be happy to exchange the chain provided it has not been installed on the bike and still new in the package. Even though he knows good and well that my original story to him included complaints of the chain corroding to quickly after a ride.

So I sent this to Vic last week, and have not heard back from him since:
Vic have you read a single word I have said? Of course the chain is used. What do you mean by "Don't quite understand the problem but want you to be taken care of...."? I thought I explained very well in my first e-mail to you, which is at the bottom of this page.
But simply put, PLEASE read carefully:
* I purchased what is supposed to be Ti chain in 530 pitch for my DS650.
* I installed it and have been using it.
* After one single ride the pins and rollers corrode - this occurs on the trailer on my way home! I've been cleaning and lubing the chain as well as possible, exceding most people's maintenance practices!
* I talked to a friend of mine who also has the Ti chain in 520 pitch on his Predator - we compare chains - his has SILVER pins and rollers, mine has BLACK pins and rollers. Mine corrodes easy, his does not.
* Obviously we have two different chains, obviously my chain is not Ti and his is.
* Obviously I paid for Ti chain but did not recieve Ti chain.
* The only reason I bought the Ti chain was to have a more corrosion free chain for GNCC riding, but the chain I recieved is no better than a $80 D.I.D. or Regina.
* You guys did not send me what I paid for - what needs to happen here is you need to make it right. I should not be inconvenienced any more than I already have been.
* I want you to send me a Ti chain 530 pitch 110 links w/ extra master link for my DS650 free of charge, and once I recieve it I will then send back the chain I currently have that is not what I paid for. But I cannot send you the chain I currently have before I recieve the replacement because then I would have no chain while I wait for all this shipping to take place.
* This should be no real big issue for you guys - somebody at your facility made a mistake and I am the one suffering for it. Please just make it right.

Thankyou,
Chris Deakins

They can't send me 530 Ti chain, because in my humble opinion a Ti chain in 530 probably does not exist!! They stole from me because they apparently enjoy ripping people off like a common POS thief.

Thankyou CountryJoe for the kind offer to help, this is the e-mail addy for Vic Kraus, I got it from the contact list on the Sidewinder website, he is the only guy I have been in touch with- vakrause@sbcglobal.net
If you do e-mail him, make it sound legit like you are interested in their stuff and know lots of people on the forums that are too, but also know a few people who have been jacked around.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
I'm STILL battling with Sidewinder over the shaft they stuck in my @ss earlier this year. I've been talking to Vic Krause at Sidewinder for weeks via. a-mail and they refuse to take care of me. I paid them $180 for a Ti chain in 530, but got a cheap **** chain instead, and they refuse to fix the situation because I rode with the **** chain before I realized it was not what I paid for. When I realized my so called Ti chain had black pins and rollers and other people's 520 Ti chains had silver pins and rollers, I quickly understood why my chain kept rusting on the trailer during the drive home from local rides after taking on creek crossings. No amount of chain lube, regardless of type or brand, will prevent this **** chain they sold me for $180 from looking like **** no matter how hard I try to take care of it. The stock D.I.D. is higher quality than this **** I got from Sidewinder, and it actually looks better at 4 years old than the 4 month old Ti ****.Did I mention that the chain I paid Sidewinder $180 for (+plus shipping) was absolute ****? If their place burnt down tonight, I'd smile like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
So are you trying to get a refund for the price difference between the cheaper chain and the more expensive chain you thought you bought? Or are you wanting to send back the used chain in return for a new one? They should take the old one back because it's their screw up. 99% of the time Sidewinder is brought up someone is complaining. BTW, why buy a $180 chain when the stocker lasted 4 years? 4 years is excellent service for any chain.

Quick Reply: Sidewinder NO GOOD