CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone had TRX450r for breakfast lately???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had TRX450r for breakfast lately???

I have ! Man, my buddy wasn't happy either. We had raced a couple of times, and i took it easy out of the hole because he wasn't used to jumping on the gas from a dead stop. He's a fairly new rider. No big deal, then he had started telling people that i only beat him by a couple of bikes, and that he thought he could catch me on the topend.
Well, he was wrong. No handycap, from a deadstop, in the sand, i had him by 6 bikes in 3rd! The area we were racing in only permitted this length of a race. He was not very happy. He wants to see a full topend race now. So i'll let ya' know the results of that one too. In his defense, my bike is moded some now. But not much. His has a jet and a pipe mod. So, he can't complain too much.
He said, "Man, once you hit 3rd, you left my azz!" lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Well, I'm a yamaha guy, but still my respond is from your opic, I beat two R's that were some what hooked up, one had cam, pipe, re'jet and some other goodies, I was beating him by about 2 quad lengths, pretty good for just having a pipe, he too was pretty mad, and after I beat him in every race, he would say lets race again! After that he invited me for a couple drinks!LOL!

Old 11-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well nice run AllRedBomber!!!

Damn happy to hear the DS rocks honda's new 450R...

Bomb all the way baby!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Cause we're all addicts!

Old 11-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

All the time - I weigh about 100 lbs more then them and I ride a 440EX. BRING IT!

Old 11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

All the time, off the NOS and giving up 130-150

Old 11-23-2004, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider

We kindda joke on the TRX here guys...
Don't forget that the TRX and YFZ can be very fast with mods (stock is fast too..)

They got 5 mph less then us on top speed but they can sure get to 60 mph faster then every other stock quad...
I guess the people you race with are not serious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both my brother and cousin bought 450R's a couple of months ago so I can give a pretty fair comparison. My brothers bike is completly stock (No HRC kit) and when I am running my stock end cap I leave him from the getgo and keep pulling away. We have raced in sand and dirt with the same outcome. Switched riders, etc , etc, etc. Stock for stock an 04-05 DS is faster in a drag than a 450R assuming equal riders. Some of the guys over on the Honda forum seem to believe that only the YFZ is faster, but I disagree. Get them both on the track and it is a different story however. I can whip my brothers 450R around the track much faster than I can muscle my DS around. My cousin on the other hand has just installed Hotcam Stage 2 and a WB slip-on. I have not raced him or ridden his as of yet but will let you know the outcome in the next couple of weeks. He says it pretty quick and I am sure it is.

Don't get me wrong I like the 450R for what it is and I would probably be riding one if the DS did not exist. I'm not a big fan of the YFZ. The bone jarring ride is not worth the extra couple of ponies it may put out over the 450R in stock form.

Trending Topics

Old 11-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

with my expirence with mine.. with equal riders my trx would take a piped banshee by one link...but if some one heavy as myself against someone 100-150 lbs lighter the piped banshee would take me by about 4 links...now my ds.. with me on (before the mods, just pipe) i would beat a smaller rider on a piped bansheetwo to three links depending on the start....put some one lighter on it and it would pull away from the start and keep on pulling...but i did run into a couple of yfz's...before i changed the front sprocket(on the TRX) i was giving up a link to a link and a half, but after the sprocket i was beating the majority of yfz's(stock) by at least one link....

Old 11-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

For breakfast? well kinda. While riding the dunes at Pismo this weekend, one of those damn things came flying over a dune without looking and T-Boned me. It hit me right in the right fender and though to my battery. It distroyed the push guard on the 450R. Just put a little ding in my battery bracket. Everyone remember this story! All it takes is one time up that dune not knowing FOR SURE no one is on the other side! That guy missed my right leg by 6".

Old 11-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaMark
For breakfast? well kinda. While riding the dunes at Pismo this weekend, one of those damn things came flying over a dune without looking and T-Boned me. It hit me right in the right fender and though to my battery. It distroyed the push guard on the 450R. Just put a little ding in my battery bracket. Everyone remember this story! All it takes is one time up that dune not knowing FOR SURE no one is on the other side! That guy missed my right leg by 6".
all it take is the one time you miss a stop sign and hit a truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]