CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

oil pressure gauge??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure gauge??

does anyone have one installed,i need to know what i need and have to do to install one,thanks..

Old 11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

lol well the gauge(i'd suggest a cheap electric one from autozone or pep boys), n if you want to run your red light still you need a 1/2" NPT tee(pretty sure its 1/2), maybe a holesaw if you plan on cutting a hole in ur dash, some wire and round terminal connectors, and i think thats about it, pretty easy

Old 11-26-2004, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider

1/8" NPT. you could also use a mechanical gauge.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

busmechanic has the size (1/8" NPT) fittings that you can get from any hardware store. Make sure you get brass fittings. Check out my picture page to see where I "T" in my oil pressure gauge.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

i suggest using a electric one because with a mechanical you need to run lines up to the gauge, so thats just another thing to go wrong in the middle of nowhere, i still think the size is bigger than 1/8", i thought the water temp sensor was 1/8"?

Old 11-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

yea, mine are brass air line fittings. I used 1/4" air line. not that little transparent line that comes with the gauges you buy at auto parts stores. but if cover it with plastic conduit like joe did. you wont have any problems.

joe, one of these days I am going to set my gauges up like yours. thats a clean gauge cluster. what did you do with your neutral light?

Old 11-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Busmechanic my neutral light is @ the bottom of the dash. I drilled a 1/4" hole for the light. I didn't want to lose the stock neutral light & hot oil or water. thats why I "T" in the oil pressure & water temp gauge. I like the stock lights with the gauges. I wish I could take the credit but I got the idea from forum member jiminok.

Trending Topics

Old 11-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

ok, I just could not see it in the pic. I also like the warning light. its easier to notice than a gauge. I used a gauge that has a normally closed circuit in the gauge. when the gauge sees presure, it opens the circuit turning the dash light off. I just ran the existing oil pressure circuit wire to the gauge. plus the oil line to the gauge. then made a lead to run the ground. so, I do not use the stock oil pressure sensor. just the circuit.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: busmechanic
ok, I just could not see it in the pic. I also like the warning light. its easier to notice than a gauge. I used a gauge that has a normally closed circuit in the gauge. when the gauge sees presure, it opens the circuit turning the dash light off. I just ran the existing oil pressure circuit wire to the gauge. plus the oil line to the gauge. then made a lead to run the ground. so, I do not use the stock oil pressure sensor. just the circuit.
busmechanic I like your thinking!

Old 11-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

will a tach from the auto parts store work on a ds or does it have to be a rotax tach

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge??