CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

sick of ebay scams

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sick of ebay scams

wow, that muct really suck. i have looked on ebay, but neevr ordered anything. But this also isnt the first time that i have heard this. I got on once and saw a "KFX 400" for sale so i clicked on it cuz it wasnt that bad of a price, and i was reading the information, and it was all accurate, but i looked at the pictures taht went with it, and it was a 700, i mean im a girl and even i figureed that out, its pretty stupid. I agree taht Ebay should definatly work on that. better luck next time...

Old 12-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

How about them college games HUSKERS...

Old 12-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, beware of e-bay scams, I almost fell into a fraud e-bay deal. I reported it to e-bay, and they may as well have told me "buyer beware", and nothing was ever done about it. Just be careful is all I say. There are good deals and scams, just have to decide which is the good deal.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

the thing with these people is the fact that they are ruthless, but more importantly is they are RELENTLESS.. personally i dont see it coming to an end. i remember when it started. now its just out of control. i mean most of these people are not even good at trying to rip people off. first of all i dont buy anything from overseas (except that mail order bride..... its a long story[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) i was told at a young age that if it sounds to good to be true most of the time it is. so for all you kids out there reading this forum all the 05 ds's for sale for 1500.00 and free shipping from some armpit in europe or anywhere for that matter is a scam. i wonder if they keep doing this because people are actually sending them money or maybe they are just doing it due to boredome. i really dont know. i do know that they need a mouth full of bloody chiclets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Was at a Friend's Christmas party last night and it came up that another Friends brother TRIED to buy a Banshee off eBay. Guess he wired about $2300 to some guy in Switzerland (if that's really where he is from [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] )

I now have the answer to one of my questions. . . why do these thievs keep doing this - obviously, there's good money in it.

His Sister (the one I know) actually told him, "If it's too good to be true, then it is." But, he sent off the money anyways.

Sometimes I have a hard time feeling bad for someone that does something so stupid. If you were new to eBay and never heard anyones advice I may let you slide but, when you get advice and don't listen or don't seek advice. . . duh!!

I was telling people last night that one of the other cool things about the forum is if I found something on eBay I liked but, was concerned about the seller. I could probably pay a member for their gas expense (that lived close) to go take a look, check VIN #'s and pink-slips, etc.

Anyways. . . I do feel bad for him and the guy that has his money is a thief no matter how stupid he was.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

yea i agree but if you are in the market for a quad you usually know about how much they go for. anyway i do like the fact that this forum is full of good people who would probably help someone out by checking out "far from home" sellers.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I really don't think that ebay will do much about it until it starts to effect them. I usually browse but I don't think I would buy anything big on ebay. Unless it was local where I could acually view the merchandise.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

ditto

Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Another thing that everyone should be cautious of... I once saw a brand new 04 raptor on ebay. The person said he had 10 of them, and he was selling them as "buy it now" for $3,000.. Right away a flag went up.. 3 grand for a brand new quad? smethin was up. So I talked to the person, and it turns out that a lady was sellint them and they wanted to get way to technical with sending the money to a mutual friend or something and then when I got the quad i'd give them the address of where the money was or something along those lines.. It just seemed way to shady for me.. I wasn't going to hand over $3,000 to some lady in the UK for a quad that i'd never seen and it just seemed to shady for me.. so, everyone just watch out for those scams too... if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!!