CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HP site updated

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP site updated

I just noticed MR HP updated his site, i guess he sells just about everything now lol. Big thing i looked at was the eshausts, before he just had HMF slip on and i thought it was the best pipe u could put on the DS besides his stock pipe w/ end cap, but now it says Big Gun is best overall power, CT best top end, HMF good bottom / mid power, and the Alba, R4, FMF, Trinity, etc are bad exhaust pipes lol, damnit!! haha, now i wanna shop for a new pipe

Old 12-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default HP site updated

Well im not sure who dyno'ed these pipes for them but the alba is right there with the CT and Graydon????
But is the best pipe for clearing dual carbs ive seen to date[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

The nice thing about Big Gun is that the quiet series has a removeable quiet core - But, knowing the history, I doubt many will pick it up, no matter how good the pipe is now.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default HP site updated

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
The nice thing about Big Gun is that the quiet series has a removeable quiet core - But, knowing the history, I doubt many will pick it up, no matter how good the pipe is now.

What's wrong with the big guns? I have one on my DS and have not had a problem with it!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

The problem with the Big Gun was the ceramic coating finish. My Graydon proline/CT racing full system will be going in the trash shortly because ceramic coating is shot and all three slip joints are leaking.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

Sandaholic:

Which pipe do you have? Is it a bastard combination?

I'm looking at the CT Sonic for one of my rides. I hear they will bend it for the dual carbs and have been meaning to call and ask.

Anything I should be cautioned about?

Thanks.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

Originally posted by: learnenem
Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol

What's wrong with the big guns? I have one on my DS and have not had a problem with it!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Well, beside the ceramic coating, I don't know of any recent problems. In fact, Big Gun says they have really improved the 2004 models to keep the screws in them. A lot of people purchased them a few years ago - and had problems. But I dont know of anything in the last year - Its now more of an image thing than anything else.

Trending Topics

Old 12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

The CT exhaust and the Graydon Proline are made by the same company and are identical. The CT comes standard with the disk end cap. The graydon comes with a standard tip, but they do sell a disk system for extra $$. I used a screen type SA when I needed it.

I had the exhaust for about 2 years now, great on top end. The ceramic coating is only on the outside, and it has pitted greatly. It is no where close to the "polished" finish it used to have. I can live with the cosmetic wear. The problem is I can not get the 2 into 1 joint and the mid pipe to muffler joint to seal. The joints have deformed there shape and I can not get them to seal even with sealant made for exhaust joints.

I did contact Graydon Proline regarding the wear of the finish and the sealing problems, they offered not help except to buy a new exhaust from them for full price. I am having the stock headers ceramic coated right now, and have a yoshimura slip on just waiting to be bolted on.

Old 12-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default HP site updated

How are the Alba pipes?