CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

i switched wires and coils and plugs. i am pretty sure it is the coil. i thought it would fire on one. i did place my hand on the exhaust and it did suck a little bit. it also seems to have good compression. i dont know man i just got to get it fixed. if the rings are shot this quick the bike has got to go. i have barely ridden the thing since i had the motor re-built. some thing has always been broke and that why i have not ridden it, and also the reason for my anger.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

dragorous, your bike would not run at all. what did you do. did ya get a used one or get a new one. how long did it take to get it and how much if ya got the new one. did it fire up after the new install?

Old 12-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Four stroke engine needs air, fuel, spark and compression. Simple, just eliminate them one at a time til you get it started. Since it ran the last time you tried, I would not expect anything major, most likley just a bad connection. Have you washed the bike recently?

Old 12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

the weird thing is i have not done anything to the bike since i last started it. it has just sat in the garage. it does not make sense.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, YA, I know its an old post but apparently it hasn't been fixed yet so here is my input.
Some other possibile areas to look for your problem:
1. The plug cap has a resistor in it and I have had them go bad before. Not on the DS but on other applications.
2. You have two coils but one triggering device. If one coil has failed and is internally shorted it will effect the triggering signal to the other coil as well. Try disconnecting the known bad coil and see if spark quality improves on the good one. It should run on one coil if the system is not effected by the failed one.
3. Make sure both coils are properly grounded. One or both of the coils usually have to be removed to do engine work. Maybe they dod not get grounded correctly upon reassembly. Not saying that you don't know how to assemble the thing ...well, cuz I don't know you but sometimes things get over looked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Thats all I have. Good luck with it

Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

this has happened to me and recently to a friend who alsp has a bomb. his quad sat for a long time, he started it and let it idle every now and then and that was it, then all of the sudden it would not fire up, he checked the plugs and i think one was kinda wet looking, but he did check for spark and it was getting spark, so I suggested he just change both plugs with new ones before doing anything else. it worked afterwards. so see if this is the problem. I think if u start and let the quad idle to long on choke it causes the engine to idle to rich and wet the plug, this happened to me and now I just idle for 5min and no more. hope this works out for ya.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I ride a lot of bumper deep water and have to run in first gear at just over idle. My plugs fouled and it wouldn't start.
Did you get it fixed? Where is your trip to?