CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

EXHAUST...Whats really the best?? DS650

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXHAUST...Whats really the best?? DS650

for some minor views goto www.hpresearch.net and click on "exhausts", MR HP did some testing and has some comments on some pipes.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!

I'll second following what Hr. HP reccommends. My first pipe was a Big Gun back when they were garbage, great power but poor quality. I currently have a Graydon on the 720, not a bad pipe but it's mostly a top end pipe which is not what I want. After getting the thumbs up from Randall at HP Research that Big Gun has improved their quality and still makes the best overall power that was all I needed to hear. One piece of advce for a newbie, if you see discrepencies persuant to what does and does not work on a DS, go with what the folks at HP Research say, they are the true DS experts.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NickDS650
for some minor views goto www.hpresearch.net and click on "exhausts", MR HP did some testing and has some comments on some pipes.
I do not see any actual #'s on that web site....

Old 12-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

has anybody tried the mrbp header?according to their website,these are oversized compared to stock and i heard that they will mount to any slip on. I wonder if you would loose horsepower on the low end with these. anyways, i have a hmf slip-on and believe these are the best bang for the buck regarding exhaust mods.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

I had a mbrp header on mine. it is larger. it was difficult to get the head bolts on because it was so big. I did not dyno with this pipe on. but I felt no gain when riding. the stock head pipe preforms as well. and fits better.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1882
I'll second following what Hr. HP reccommends. My first pipe was a Big Gun back when they were garbage, great power but poor quality. I currently have a Graydon on the 720, not a bad pipe but it's mostly a top end pipe which is not what I want. After getting the thumbs up from Randall at HP Research that Big Gun has improved their quality and still makes the best overall power that was all I needed to hear. One piece of advce for a newbie, if you see discrepencies persuant to what does and does not work on a DS, go with what the folks at HP Research say, they are the true DS experts.
just curious, what pipe does randall sale?

Old 12-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DONECRASHED
I own a '05 so I did not need to worry about the head pipe
Why? Is the 05 different than the '04?

Old 12-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!

Originally posted by: busmechanic
Originally posted by: 1882
just curious, what pipe does randall sale?
Check out the website hpresearch.net to see all the info.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have talked to several people, and the mechanic that works on my bike truely knows his business. It is my understanding after talking to these different people that the head pipe on the '05 is a actual header pipe and is better than most aftermarket pipes, due to the the pipe being designed for race purposes. I by no means am a mechanic, but I do believe that what I was told is true.

Also Dragorus where is Holiday Florida? I live in Ft myers.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DONECRASHED
I have talked to several people, and the mechanic that works on my bike truely knows his business. It is my understanding after talking to these different people that the head pipe on the '05 is a actual header pipe and is better than most aftermarket pipes, due to the the pipe being designed for race purposes. I by no means am a mechanic, but I do believe that what I was told is true.

Also Dragorus where is Holiday Florida? I live in Ft myers.
Pasco County...I ride at Croom's...and Ocala

Quick Reply: EXHAUST...Whats really the best?? DS650