CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW TURBO SETUP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TURBO SETUP!!!!!!

I'm not an electronics wizard or anything even close but I have to ask. Wouldn't it be easier if the second board was used for a second map - a NOS map that increased the fuel to within a very closely mapped a/f ratio margin then use the cheaper o-2 sensor that could afford more time to dial in? The second map could be triggered by the same signal that triggers the NOS solenoid. I guess that the map would have to programed for the size of the shot and reprogramed any time you change the shot but who changes the size of their shot that often? Just a thaught but of course if I thaught of this I'm sure Kelly thaught of it as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

The goal is to have a fuel delivery system that automatically corrects itself to a perfect ratio. This makes it easier on everyone. Kelly wants to set up a system that bolts on to any bike and runs great. He does not want to have to program a second board specific to different pistons, big bores etc..... the second board makes the system control the ratio perfectly and instantly (nearly). NOS, big bore, higher compression, Larger valves, It won't matter. It will get the correct amount of fuel.

justin

Old 12-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

The goal is to have a fuel delivery system that automatically corrects itself to a perfect ratio. This makes it easier on everyone. Kelly wants to set up a system that bolts on to any bike and runs great. He does not want to have to program a second board specific to different pistons, big bores etc..... the second board makes the system control the ratio perfectly and instantly (nearly). NOS, big bore, higher compression, Larger valves, It won't matter. It will get the correct amount of fuel.
I can appreciate a easy to use system but it just seems like a "grand canyon" sized gap to fill within thousandths of a second. Like I said I'm no wizard and I guess the technoligy is far from my grasp. The idea is fantastic and I applaud his efforts. Can't wait to see it in action.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

you drive that grand canyon size gap every day. I have no doubt he is telling the truth about the workings of it.

justin

Old 12-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

you drive that grand canyon size gap every day.
I don't know about that. I just changed my o-2 sensor and it only cost me 40.00. I think that grand canyon is a little farther up the road from where I drive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have no doubt he is telling the truth about the workings of it.
Nor do I and I hope that is not how my post was taken. I don't know Kelly but I can say that if he has come this far I'm sure he is capable of finishing his creation as planned.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: crackerJack
I know the O2 sensor is more money by 2-400$
justin
Kelly has talked to me about this new update, he sounds very excited about it as I am too. The version that I run that required just the inital setup, it was very easy to tune and I have not had to touch it since. Kelly really told you it would cost that much more for the wide band O2 sensor? He said he was still working out the details on how he was going to upgrade his existing customers.

Being able to run a dry shot of nos could be fun! I have no plans on running NOS with my 14:1 compression, but Eric says he runs nos on his 16:1 with no problems.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I am sure the sensor is at least 200$.(I talked to him this morning) I don't know why it is so much. I don't know how he will handle updating all existing customers. I think he thought that all the existing sensors would be enough for the system. It is only recently that he found a different more expensive O2 sensor would be. He said he rode a bike that he felt was set up perfectly on the mapping we now use and then when he changed it over it made a huge difference. He said the difference was incredible. Maybee there is more power in that 16/1 sandaholic.

justin

Old 12-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I was considering going EFI after talking to Sandaholic but I just got an e-mail back from KMS on their new pricing. $2000 for the new EFI setup! Ouch! Guess I will be giving the Lectron a try afterall.