CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

REG HAULERS OR EXTREAMS, DIFF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REG HAULERS OR EXTREAMS, DIFF?

OTHER THAN IT HAS KEVLAR. i know they are stronger but do the hook up better? we went out today and i have 8 paddle reg and crazy has 9 paddle extreams. he kills me out of the hole. so i rode his bike and it hooks up very good! is that the diff? will i notice that.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

The extreme paddles do NOT have Kevlar.

From Skat-trak webpage, "Kevlar fiber mesh can be incorporated into any of our ATV paddles for even more rigidity and durability over the life of your tire."

The only difference between the extremes and the haulers is that the paddle on extreme paddle is 1/8" thicker (not 1/8" taller). The only reason why an extreme would hook up better then the haulers is if the hauler paddles were to bend backwards which cause the paddle to tear eventually.

Check out Skat-trak for more info

Old 12-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

ohhh my bad. i ran mine all summer still holding on!!
so i should get like the same as crazys?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Driver weight, tire pressure and gearing could also make a difference on takeoff. Also according to skat trak, his 9 paddle extremes would be equal to 10 paddle haulers so he basically has 2 more paddle than you do!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: POLARISFREAK
Also according to skat trak, his 9 paddle extremes would be equal to 10 paddle haulers so he basically has 2 more paddle than you do!
I don't understand that, how would the extremes gives you an equivalent of 2 extra paddles when compared to the haulers? The tire carcasses are identical, the only difference is the extremes have a thicker paddle!

There seems to be allot of misunderstanding about the extremes, yeah they sound cool, but they are just more durable haulers! The heavy, high torque quads were splitting the hauler's paddles. To fix this skat trak came out with a thicker paddle to hold up to the abuse, they called it the extreme.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought a set of extremes for my Prairie, and I can't wait to try them, Oh well, I will test them at Dumont on Pres. Day weekend!

Old 01-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

i run 21x12x8 10 paddle extremes and Crazypainter son in law (Aaron) has 21x12x8 haulers and when i use his paddles i get more spin out of the tires and they almost seem to work better for me! when he puts mine on his banshee which is a drag ported 350 on alky..... it gets out of the hole twice as hard and makes a HUGE difference on his bike! If you have the horsepower to use them i say go for it!

Old 01-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Do to the extra thckness of paddles it's equivalant one more paddle! ie 9 paddles extremes would be very close to 10 paddle haulers!

Old 01-01-2005, 01:42 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: POLARISFREAK
Do to the extra thckness of paddles it's equivalant one more paddle! ie 9 paddles extremes would be very close to 10 paddle haulers!
That is right, it acts for one more paddle not two.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Correct and since he has 8 paddle haulers and the other guy has 9 paddle extremes, he's racing a guy with the equivalant of 2 extra paddles!

Quick Reply: REG HAULERS OR EXTREAMS, DIFF?