CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

hpresearch endcap

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpresearch endcap

In HpResearch site they say about their EndCap:
"Dyno testing proves it makes the most bottom and mid range power of any exhaust including all slip ons and full exhausts"
My Q is if this is true what is the advantage of the full exhausts?

hpresearch-site

Old 01-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the endcap is just as good as any slip-on in making power. If you need a spark arrestor or quiet core then slip-on is the way to go. The DS comes with a pretty good stock header from the factory so a full exhaust will not show much improvement over a slip-on when put on a mostly stock bike. One you start porting or going big bore then the stock header has its limitations.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks,
Can it be the same for home-made endcap ( cut the two pipes including the spark arrestor and put a wide pipe instead) or HpResearch has something special?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

it prob wouldnt make to much of a diff if you just cut a 2 and a half inch hole in ur endcap now and ran strait through.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

i was gonna gut mine out and put a 2 1/2 inch tip on it but wasnt sure about the jetting and the length of the tail pipe on both the inside and outside of the canister, i have read all the threads about this and from what it means to me is you can not have to big of an opening in your can lol you need some back pressure and how is it gonna look after the welding, you getting it chromes or poished its stainless i think, so personally my 2 cents is i will just spend the 125.00 and get one from mrhp he has done all the leg work dyno work and from what i understand it comes with the correct jetting you need no guessing just my two cents, how much time and hassle are you really saving yourself? besides mrhp's billet cap looks awesome, funny thing i drive a peterbilt 379 ext hood at work with a spread axle trailer and i baught a 20 inch texas boxed end bumper for 550.00 at dallas pike wv, some of you guys might not understand this trucker talk but my buddy always told me chrome won't get you home i said no but damn you look good getting there,you guys can tell the drivers i am talking about on the hwys the trucks with all the led lights spread axle trailers chrome tanks stacks i know you have seen then in the business they call them chicken trucks and chicken haulers, cluck cluck chicken truck! lol damn this pain pills make me ramble on sorry fellas

Old 01-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've got one of the MrHP encaps and it really helped wake up my kids stocker (rejetted with a K&N). So much so that I had to bump the compression, change cams, and add a 46hv on my other quad so I could at least keep up with my daughter in a drag. See my pics for a modified endcap that cost me $25 at a local mufflershop...I've never swapped endcaps on the quads but there's definately a difference. The backpressure puffs from stock bike are phenomenal.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

jiminok,
Is it MrHP endcap in your page (the one you have put in the black DS)?
Can you please tell me where I can buy it on the net?
It doesn't look like what I see in HPResearch's site.

Thanks for your help,
- Eyal.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Eyal...been a couple days since I've been on. The one on my kids quad was more or less one of Erics experiments and does differ a little from the one on his site. He assured me that there was no hp difference between his final production design and the one I opted for (I like different). You'll be glad you did if you buy one. Like I said, with jetting and a K&N filter, my daughter's quad is an awesome ride and there's huge power difference from stock...I bet it makes an easy 45+hp.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

And it looks better than the home made one as well!!!!!!!!