CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

oil light thing is on

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil light thing is on

Install an oil preasure guage. Rather simple.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

You do not have to cut the wire to install the boot, just take a close look at the plug. Not sure witch end it is, if it is the end that the wires enter the plug or the end of the plug that the sensor goes into. But any way there is tabs in there that you can depress with a pick tool or small screw driver. once they are depressed you can slide the wires out of the plug body. Then slip the boot over the wires and reasemble the plug body. Not that hard and no cutting and splicing needed. I happed to have a piece of shrink tubing that would slip over the wires and boot end, I installed that to have a little better seal. Have not had a problem since I installed the boot.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

bombardier makes great procucts but their sensors are crap. we have had sensor problems on every bomb product we own including 2 2003 supercharged skis and 1 baja 650x.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've replaced mine already after the first long ride, we went through some creeks, the next morning red light was on. I pretty much knew the problem but didn't want to chance it. Took over two weeks to get another sensor from BRP. Last ride I sorta crashed into a bush, not bad or anything but I stalled the engine. After moving back on the trail the damn light was on, I messed around with it, finally unplugged it twice, plugged it back in light went off, then flickered, started to ride and it went off all together. I'm in the shop for its first service right now so I asked them to check it out and find that boot for me.

It's kind of annoying, takes a 20 mm socket but mine was too long so I ended up using a tool from my Honda 750 that fit perfectly. Best thing is to keep an extra one on hand.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

how much is the boot and how much is a sensor?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer changed $4 for the boot and $10 - 12 for the sensor.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

See this thread.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=417785

Old 01-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

The sensors are crap i ended up fitting an oil press guage, Now the temp switch that runs the fan is gone , so i am going to look for an other manufacturers switch and i will replace all the bomb ones once i find some decent quality stuff that lasts.
My bike is still under warranty cos we get two years in the UK but i see no point in replacing crap with crap and causing myself more grief.

If any one from bombardier is reading this take heed these $5 arts are dropping the other wise good reliability record

Old 01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BAJAotty
You do not have to cut the wire to install the boot, just take a close look at the plug. Not sure witch end it is, if it is the end that the wires enter the plug or the end of the plug that the sensor goes into. But any way there is tabs in there that you can depress with a pick tool or small screw driver. once they are depressed you can slide the wires out of the plug body. Then slip the boot over the wires and reasemble the plug body. Not that hard and no cutting and splicing needed. I happed to have a piece of shrink tubing that would slip over the wires and boot end, I installed that to have a little better seal. Have not had a problem since I installed the boot.
It couldn't have been the clip that attaches the wire to the sensor. The clip that attaches to the sensor is much larger than the small opening at the top of the rubber boot. It will NOT physically fit through the small opening at the top of the rubber boot. When I followed the other end of the wire it was routed up and into the wiring harness with a mess of other wires and I did not see any type of clip, so I ended up cutting the wire. Not a big deal though.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

You do not have to cut the wire to install the boot, just take a close look at the plug. Not sure witch end it is, if it is the end that the wires enter the plug or the end of the plug that the sensor goes into. Ok let me make this a little clearer. Not sure how but here we go, If you take the plug in your hand that plugs on to the sensor. We will call that the plug body, that would be the part with the wires in it not the sensor. Now one end of that plug body goes into the sensor, that leaves the other end of the plug body to be the end that the wires go in to the plug body. Not that hard, I do not recall if the releasing tabs are in the end that plugs into the sensor or if you have to slide the a pick in between the wire and body to release the tabs that hold the wire into the body. O well the important thing is you got it on. Hope it works out for you. One more not you said you had to cut the wires I hope you did not use the crimp on connectors to put it back together, with the vibration a ds has they could work there way loose. The best bet is to solder and use shrink tubing to seal every thing back up.