CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What turbo's do you DS's use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What turbo's do you DS's use?

Just curious as too what turbo's you guys that have them are putting in the DS's and how much you are boosting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

fast spooling efficient modern highly reliable garrett GT series aftermarket off the shelf turbos.

you'll find boost being run as low as 6psi to as high as 25psi+.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

is it the T25?

Old 01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmmm no! Well maybe. On second thought no

lol

Old 01-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Your such a tease [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Anyways thats the turbo i was looking at before hand. I found it after reading some article about a raptor turbo kit.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

There was a lot of time and expense that went into finding the best turbo and complementing hardware for the system, most of the research and development was done by Kelly @ KMS (602-442-4340) - contact him and ask him your questions, you'll find him to be a great guy and most likely will share the info you are after. I don't feel right giving his hard earned research info out. Hope you understand- no offense.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

None taken, im just looking to gather as much information as possible to see if I even want to try doing this. I wont be messing with a turbo until a few months down the road... after I get a EFI system. Want to be prepared when the time comes.

Trending Topics

Old 01-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

It may be better to buy the FI and Turbo system from a guy who has done years of R & D and puts together a pretty good system for the DS650. The KMS kit looks great on your bike. Bolt it on and instant performance gains.

If you try to do this yourself, by the time you do all R & D, the fab work, buying parts, and figuring it out; you could have been riding your quad with the KMS system. I bet it will cost you less than doing it yourself too, if you factor in al associated costs.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

KMS is the only way to go.you won't find a nicer guy out their to deal with then kelly.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have no doubt that kelly at KMS is doing an excellent job with the EFI/turbo. In the past I have done all the work on my quad (and am pritty proud of what I have done). I like to be able to say that I did everything myself, but with the EFI system I may just buy the KMS kit. Gathering the parts for EFI and making it work will take alot of time. I am still going to try to do it though. At the KMS site I see the turbo kit pics on the raptor, but I dont see any EFI. It looks like the stock carbs are still on that quad, and the pic is just to show the turbo and the pipe routing.

Quick Reply: What turbo's do you DS's use?