CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

took 7th with a flat tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default took 7th with a flat tire

I raced this weekend and managed to get a flat right front tire. I had 4 lbs in the fronts at the start. I hit a tiny thin tree stump that had become exposed. It punctured my sidewall. I never stopped. It slowed me down a lot. But I managed 13 more miles of hellish trail. Those beadlocker rims take a beating on the hare scramble trails. I was in third and stupidly followed too closely to these other two guys that were in different classes, and all three of us got stuck after a blind turn in to a mud pit. Everybody in my class passed me. The seniors passed me. The C classes passed me. And finally the girls class passed me. I was in hell. I finally got out of the pit and was exhausted. I got on and my gloves were really slippery. I should of took them off. I just started going trying to catch my breath. I kept getting faster and faster and started passing a few riders and then a few more. After a few minutes I was back to haulin'a$$. I passed up most of the c riders and seniors. Then BAM! I hit that little stump and my tire was flat. It was like wrestling a frigging bear. I am 140lbs. soaking wet. I still had blood in my eyes! The tire stayed on the rim so I kept going.It was murder. Finally I was able to pass four of the riders in my class. Two were due to bent tie rods. Two were sleeping and I was able to make a move. When I went through the scoring tent I had placed 7th. It was bitter sweet. I wanted the checkered! I walked away with 39 points! William Yokley raced with us, too. So did a couple of other pro's and top ranked riders from GNCC. Yokley himself said the course was tough. He was really cool and just one of the guys. Except he kicks ***! I had him sign a poster "To Brian- Thanks for getting out of my way!"

Old 01-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats!

Old 01-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

Cool sounds tough,congrats on the race.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

good job, btw wat kind of tires are you running?

Old 01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

mud-in-your-eye...great race story! Just looked at your pics and I bet you've got more stories!! lmao...I liked "swamp-girl".

Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

The front tires are stock. I have gotten a year and three months out of them. Never really like them. They allowed the front to push right through a turn. I would have the wheels turned but I would still be going straight. I had to learn how to use them the best I could. I find using the throttle is the best help for this.Turn with the rear, too. I also realized I need some different foot pegs. They don't have enough spike to them, for me.
The next race is in two weeks. God I have so many wants!
I wants to take the checkered before I'm dead!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Mine have rounded a bit also,couldnt you just use a grinder and sharpen them a little?

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

hey mudnuri are tose the stock bomb baja rims or aftermarket? i called omf and they said the stock baja rims were just for looks mostly that you need the rings on the inside rears cause of axle flex not on the outside, they wouls sell red label.190's with their rings welded on both the inside and outside for something like 160.00 if i remember correctly, how good are the stock baja rims?

Old 01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

was that the race in maplesville alabama? I have a friend that went that also got a flat tire on his yzf.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

awesome, good story man!

Quick Reply: took 7th with a flat tire