CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Glamis Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis Results

Good job Mr Horsepower, sure made a showing for the DS Boys.....way to go! Makes me smile [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

Good Job Mr. HP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

Any pics or video yet?? where is duneme when ya need him.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

WOW !!!! and we were going to drive 2200 miles to this event and it got shut down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i didn't know the organizers were running it that loose.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default Glamis Results

I went had a great time, we (our atv club) helped grom the hill.

Met a lot of cool people everyone had a great time. It gets bigger every year.

Dbeck you should come and check it out your opinion may change ....

The fast bikes were running 60 mph or more .....

Shane

Old 01-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

Congrats to MrHP for taking 1st place in the stock bore class. He also took 2nd place in the Builders Class. (builders class all bike on C116 race gas) Lost to a 780 stroker raptor from Miami.

Not bad for a country boy out of Kentucky attending glamis FSW for the first time.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

Sorry, no video from me this time.

I left home about 6pm last Monday and arrived just before 5am Tuesday morning. (Just a little tired!)

We ended up riding all week and by the time Saturday rolled around all the ladies in the group were tired and decided we were going home. I was able to talk my Wife into letting me take a morning ride to the hill so I could see some of my buddies. Alway's good to see the group.

Scott's DS looked as sweet as any I've ever seen.
Mario looked to have a runner too.

Was suprised to see Scooby there. Didn't get to see him run the hill.

I didn't even run the hill. My 22" haulers had a flat in one and was borrowing some 20" tires from a buddy. . . one of the paddles was ripped off. I couldn't have given these guys any competition anyways.

The tops of the dunes were pretty beaten up. Sand got wet then the wind picked up so there were some pretty deep ruts at the tops of some of the dunes. The sand had some grip to it though. My stock swingarm was really lifting the front end.

Had a lot of fun with the new GPS. Found a bunch of hills and areas we had trouble getting to before we knew where they were. Brawley Slide, Lizzard Hill, China Wall, etc.

Our group took a good group ride to Gordon's well on Friday and snapped a picture at the International Border. Cardiac and his Brother tagged along. Hope they enjoyed the ride. There were a few in my group that loved the ride and a few that said it was too long of a ride. . . crappy thing about being the organizer is trying to please the masses.

Anyways, yesterday was unloading and R&R (didn't get home Saturday until 11pm and after a shower and wind-down was in bed at midnight.

Back to work today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

KING of the Hill
Manny - GP Racing Miami Stroker Raptor

Open Class 501cc+
1st Herb - KMS Turbo/Kenz Cycle Tech Raptor
2nd - Scott Stayman DS800 Mr. Horsepower Bombardier

Modified Class 501cc+
Manny - GP Racing Miami Stroker Raptor

Stock Bore 501cc+
1st Mr. Horsepower Bombardier! (first Bomb to win in this class or higher at any FSW event!)
2nd Kenz Cycle Tech Raptor

500cc Under Open Class
1st - Eddie Sanders Racing TRX Honda
2nd - RIS Designs YFZ

500cc Under Modified Class
1st - Todd Engenfeld Kenz Cycle Tech YFZ

501cc + Builders Class Championship (all bikes fuel drained, bikes impounded and fueled with C16)
1st - Manny - GP Racing Miami Stroker
2nd - Mr. Horsepower Bombardier (Stock Bore)

500cc Under Builders Class Championship (all bikes fuel drained, bikes impounded and fueled with C16)
1st - Kenz Cycle Tech YFZ

Old 01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

Originally posted by: dbeck
1BigDSRider.

No, they typically lie and say they have a BLM permit when they don't. It is against BLM rules to host an organized event without a permit.

2 or 3 years ago the promoter was publicly boasting that they had a permit. I called the BLM before the event took place and I talked to them. I was told a permit was never issued. Thus the promoter was blatantly lieing. That is one of the reasons we don't let them come here and promote that event. It would be horrible for forum members to drive hundreds of miles only to find out the BLM had shut the event down.

They lied about giving proceeds to a charity, too.

To make matters worse, after the event people came here and bad mouthed the young man who had won on the sparks bikes. His dad got online here and related how people here had crushed his son's heart after the young man read what was said about him.

We sent him a free ATV Connection cap and I wrote him a personal letter telling him he should be proud of himself and not to listen to the sore losers.

I have nothing good to say about this event. The promoters have proven to be unethical and untruthful in everything that they do.

This is the only thread about the aftermath of the event that we'll allow here for the time being. If it gets out-of-line, we'll delete it and nothing more will be said about the event.
You need to get some facts straight they tried to get a permit for FSW II but were turn down by the BLM and they let it be known so.
One of the ideas was to donate proceeds to charity but became mute when the permit was turn down by the BLM.
I have bad mouth them for letting under age kid’s race adult quad. Till the rule are change by the feds if you are under 16 years are not suppose to ride one. If one of these kids was too get hurt it will be bad new for us all. I know have the more riding ability than I have in my little finger but till we get the rules are changed they have too stay off adult quads. I will not buy from any company that does not care bout child safety.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glamis Results

What classifies as king of the hill. (engine only, nos, etc...)

How did Mario do? Scooby? Did Eric (Mrhp) ride his own machine or have a rider? Any of the raptor boys have video??

Quick Reply: Glamis Results