CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Availability???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-1999, 11:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The turning radius tidbit is quite interesting. I thought it might be comparable to a LT 500 Quadzilla, but apparently its not! This machine is gonna rock!

RoostKing...

[This message has been edited by RoostKing (edited 12-11-1999).]

Old 12-11-1999, 02:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

According to Factory Website Specs: the DS650, while about 5" wider, 5" longer, and 4" longer wheelbase, the DS650 has a turning radius of 8'. The 400EX has a turning radius of 10.5'. I find this fact interesting. A vehicle larger in every aspect, has a more than a 20% better turning radius than the smaller, 400EX. While the DS650 does have so much more size, it just makes me wonder how truly great an ATV with a poor turning radius (by comparison) could really be in the "woods." (We don't have 'woods' here in CA, we just have open desert, so all this woods talk means nothing at all out here.) As opposed to one wherein it could turn itself in a much smaller area (hence something you would do in a tight area, which is what people are talking about when they speak of 'woods.') I just noticed that, and it's something for you to chew on. I'm sure this will stir up plenty of the twelve-year-olds with the 400EX fever in this thread.

------------------
-Chris Olson "The Black Hawk" 1990 CT LT250R, 1987 Mojave Green&Mean I'm always 100% right so don't even ask :P

Old 12-11-1999, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

badlt500r,"You a model for the sport" Thanks

Old 12-11-1999, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I agree eventhough i am a diehard banshee fan, i will give bombardier credit for a excellent first quad. I just wish i could afford one but for now i will stay with my trusty 88 banshee.

Loofer

Old 12-19-1999, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

I'am in Arizona and I saw and sat on one today at a dealership here that they had on display. It is very large and very sharp to look at, that yellow is very nice. I liked the way it sat, up like a banshee, I'am a big guy, 6'4" 210lbs and it felt right to me. I also sat on a 400ex and it feels small to me.

The story at the dealer was they had several in stock but where waiting for a part from Bombardier before they could sell you one. This was going to happen sometime in January.

I don't know if I could justify the $7,000, but this bike looks awesome and I want one bad!

Old 12-21-1999, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

The parts to fix the problem on the DS650's were shipped today. We should receive them from Bombardier on Thursday. The problem was the lower ball joints. Its hard to believe that was the problem because the ones on the machine right now appear to be of extrememly high quality. Oh Well' the secret is out. We will be delivering units to the public by Friday. I'LL BE RIDING ONE SUNDAY!!!!!!

Old 12-22-1999, 12:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sounds alot like dedication to getting it right. Glad to hear the stuff is about to hit the floor, I'm interested in seeing reviews from non-industry people. I've heard all they have to say- I want to hear from the real folks, the people who are riding the production models, not the pre-production models which aren't exactly the same as the full production models. I hope badlt500r gives us a complete review of the machine after the weekend if he is able to get it outta the shop by then!

------------------
-Chris Olson "The Black Hawk"

1990 CT LT250R 1987 Mojave Green&Mean

Old 12-22-1999, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Today, Da' Bomb has arrived.

I get my Ron Wood Racing catalog in the mail , you know, the guy that has raced and won using the 652.8 cc Rotax found in the DS-650. He offers high compression pistons, NiKasil cylinders, a 676cc STROKER KIT, dual carbs, WAIT, Im still only on the second page(out of 6 front to back)! Again, this is amazing. Heads, bigger valves, tuned pipes, DUAL CAMS, Timing adjusters, manifolds, K&N Filters, Cylinder and Manifold porting...

Ds-650. Say hello to a legend.

RoostKing...

Old 12-22-1999, 02:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bet it is a throttle governor desogned to keep the speed down for the newbie wimps who think they gotta have the best, even though they only ride a Warrior.. Easily adjustable of course, but keeps the whackos out! With 676cc easily found, your gonna see some people in the hospital!

RoostKing

Old 01-11-2000, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

In my opinion, Bombardier is treading on thin ice by not getting DS650s out there while the opportunity exists. The more time that goes by, the more time Honda & Yamaha have to get their improved sport models underway and make a formal announcment. If there are any more delays, potential DS650 buyers might start holding out for what Honda & Yamaha will offer this year. As it stands today, without a formal announcment form Honda or Yamaha, 8 months until fall is too long for me to wait for Honda or Yamaha. So I'd buy the DS650 and if Honda or Yamaha put out something better next fall, I can sell the DS650. However, if there are more delays with the DS650 and Honda or Yamaha make an announcement, I just might hold out for the mainstream manufacturers. Bombardier get your azz in gear before you miss your opportunity!!!

Quick Reply: DS650 Availability???