CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alba Stage 3 Pipe Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba Stage 3 Pipe Kit?

DStroyer, I have the Alba stage three on my raptor and I really love it. I have never ran anything else but my bike is pretty quick now. The pipe is way loud but most pipes I have heard are loud to me. I wonder how Alba could have such a good pipe for the raptor and your DS alba pipe could suck so bad? that doesnt make sense......I totally believe you though because you had it dynoed and all but have you heard anything negative about the raptor alba pipe, cause i think its pretty good..........

Old 01-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

RaptorRider619,

Like I said, the Raptor Alba pipe is almost perfect. A good friend of mine that I race with all the time, his raptor is making great numbers, AND TIMES, with the Alba stage 3. If you compared the head pipe diameters between the Raptor and the DS kits, you will find it to be alot bigger on the DS. Large head pipes do not flow well at high rpms. By the way, my friends Raptor was consistantly beating my 67hp DS last fall with the Alba pipe. GGrrrr,

Gary

Old 01-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info, and making me feel good about my pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well i guess the guys at ALBA R & D did not put very much effort into the DS 650 pipe. Looks like you will have to go with another company, but at least now you can tell people to stay away from that pipe and save them the hassle. That sucks though man....

Old 01-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Like Dstroyer said, the Alba pipe on a Rappy is a decent pipe because the head pipes coming out of the jug are the correct diameter and they have a good bend to them. The head pipes are also fairly close in length before they meet at the "Y" pipe.

When looking for a pipe thats gonna make HP, look for head pipes that are equal in length before they meet at the Y pipe, and they should come out of the cyl for about 2 inches and then go into a continual, consistant bend before they go straight again. The bend should look similar to the "U" bend you see in the pipe under your kitchen sink.

If you look at the pipe Alba makes for the DS, you will see that the diameter of the pipe is too big, The lengths of the head pipes are not even close to being the same length and if you look at the left head pipe it, comes out of the motor, goes right into a tight 90 degree bend, goes straight again, then into another tight 90 degree bend, then straight again. The left head pipe is so much longer than the right that the exhaust from it gets to the Y pipe later than the exhaust from the right pipe and that actually interrupts the flow of the exhaust.

If you look at the MrHP exhaust, you will see that the 2 head pipes are equal in length. They meet at the Y pipe and then go into a smooth continual bend, then straight out the megaphone. That equals Horse Power.