CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How does your DS do in the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does your DS do in the snow?

i'm confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] 4 snow tires on a ds? i have seen the wedges ice racing but never on all 4 corners? can you post a pic sam?

Old 01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
sam
Pro Rider

pic 5 on my page shows the 4 snows on my DS but its in dirt drag mode. there only on the rear the fronts on mine are baja stock ohtsu's , until I put my skis on this weekend....well maybe, we just got hit w/ 12" of powder snow on top of the 10" we already have.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

sorry i'm am idiot of course on the rear. you know i had a set of wedges back a couple of years ago and sold them (what an idiot) we are going up to black river falls wis, this weekend riding the snowmobile trails and it would be nice to have a set[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] oh well i guess i'll run the realtor's one more time and order a set of 4-snows. thanks jeff.

P.S. the 4-snows look beefier than the pro wedges i've seen.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

i seriously looked into geting thost tracks, last time i checked they wanted 1500 for the tracks and 750 for the skis, i think the skis are rediculously overpriced and ugly as hell, like hell you could buy brand new skis for about 300CA easy,btw if any of you buy new skis buy mountain skis for the better floatation, n theres no way there mount costs over 300 to make, i bet theres like 40 in materials, the one big reason i didn't buy these is because you can't really jump them without worrying you'll bend somehin, wen i talked to them they said 2-3' high max, like if i was gunna spend that much money i want to be able to jump it, make some nice lil kickers outta snow, i ended up buyin a 77 skidoo tnt440, that by now have about 600 into and prolly have just as much or more fun than i would on the ds, i think the ski n track idea is great for atvs but i think the cost is a bit to much, if the skis were like 400, and the tracks were like 1000 i think they'd sell alot more

Old 01-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

lilnotts looks like you'r ski mount's are simple but functional? why would you want to buy another set?
can you make up another ski mount set for sale?

Old 01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

jeffroe - i wasn't lookin at them to buy, just to compare to mine and pass my opinion to people like you who might buy them, i suppose its possible for me to make up sets, but with me having exams for school i just don't have the time rite now

Old 01-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

REMEMBER SCHOOL IS OVER RATED!!! one must create or go stale[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] well ok i understand, there is a market for ski kits i'm sure. and if you can do it for a decent $$$ they will sell.

man how much fun would it be having a set of ski's and rear tracks for the busa!!! blast past the snowmobile crowd with a grin flippen 'em off the bird[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
REMEMBER SCHOOL IS OVER RATED!!! one must create or go stale[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] well ok i understand, there is a market for ski kits i'm sure. and if you can do it for a decent $$$ they will sell.

man how much fun would it be having a set of ski's and rear tracks for the busa!!! blast past the snowmobile crowd with a grin flippen 'em off the bird[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
lol, well starting a week from mon. i'll have access to a lathe everyday until june, so making brass bushing will be easy, and i htink i might try making set, if i find its going to be a huge pain to make that bend i probably won't make alot, unless i can figure out another way to support them

Old 01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, I'm late to this thread....

Anywho, yeah, you need better tires.. lol And you're buddy is giving you some good advice when he said to keep it in higher gears (more traction, because tires won't spin AS EASILY)............

I feel better.... LOL

Old 01-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

so how many of you would actually buy mounts if i made them for like $50?

Quick Reply: How does your DS do in the snow?