CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any of you DS riders go south of the border?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you DS riders go south of the border?

iVE GOT THREE WORDS FOR ALL OF YOU

THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.

nuff said!

you will NEVER catch me in Mexico again! i have been there enough to see some garbage go down that wuldn't in the US. my friend had to giver her new VW cabriolet to the federales just to be able to go home, and they still raped her, sodomized her, and took all of her money, all because THEY said she was driving a stolen car!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Look I did'nt mean to stir up a bunch of crap, I just wanted to know if anyone rides or has riden in Rocky point.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mongo,

you didn't stir up a pot, but you started a good discussion. Also you found at least one person who goes there already. No body is bashing each other just discussing the 'finer' points of Mexico is all....

Old 03-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

I have a place in rocky point and never had trouble down there and have been there over 20 times in the past year and half. If you want a safe and sweet place to stay get a condo at the Sonoran Sea or Spa. They have guards 24/7 all over the grounds they know who stuff is who's you would be surprised. Riding down there is not the same as it was 2 years ago. you can only ride the beach at the Reef bar beach. That gets busy during spring break. You can ride the dunes all you want but watch the speed on the streets. The Hill is small but fun to goto. They charge you 2 bucks during the busy weekends to get on the hill. I still don't know who there are. I still think Gus Brown owns the hill. If you act like you are in the states you won't have a problem. Don't get get stupid and obey the law and all is good. Mr Taco by JJ's has great shrimp tacos. PM me if you want info on the condos. I wouldn't leave my DS downtown by the peir though.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well thank you Squatcher for info on the condos but for some reason the wife loves camping on the beach. I guess I really should'nt complain it's cheap and riding access is one step out the door.
They started charging to run the hill? oh well 2$ is cheap. I guess I had better enjoy this place while it lasts. Oh ya and I have never had the nerve to try one of those taco's something about it just seems wrong.

If I could ask another question, I recently installed a 12:1 piston in the old DS and was wondering about fuel requirements. Up here in New Mexico I mix 110 with pump 91 octane our elevation is 5400 ft. so would I have to run strait 110 because of being right at sea level.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

You can always pay a local kid to watch your Quad. I did it several time with my Jeep and the following morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] when I found my way back to the place where I left it, it was still there and the kid slept on top all night. The kids are territorial and take pride in keeping watch over tourists belongings.... I paid him $20.00 and a bag of Mexican bread. Cheap insurance in my mind....

Old 03-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

I've been going to Mexico since Aug 1970 (not Rocky Point) and have never had any serious problems. Like AZsand said, I would never say it's a safe place, but it is fun. You have to remember that there is no othe country like th good ole USA. You just need to watch what you do and what you say, keep you head out and remember it's their country, not yours.

I have been to 37 countries plus 41 of the states and the place I got in the most trouble was Texass, but it was still fun.

$.02