CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Holeshot HD's

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holeshot HD's

Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on these new tires. I just got my new rear HD's on Douglas SS's and I'm not really sure that I like them that much. First off they are really, really heavy. I hear that the sidewall on them are about 3/4" thick, but good lord are they heavy. I also noticed that it is a lot harder to slide the bike and it would start pulling sideways. I have a new pair of Xdriv's on a pair of Douglas SS's that I absulutely love. They have thick sidewalls, and don't give much, but they slide and seem to pull alot better than these HD's. I am running 4 lbs in them as recommended, but ain't really impressed right now. I only got to ride for about 1 hr so maybe I need some more time on them, just wanted to check with you guy's and see what you think. Also I got a really, really good deal on them. I paid $78 for both rears brand new. I see them in mag's for $80 a piece.

I just wanted to see if anyone on this site has these tires, and feels the same way. I was thinking about buying a pair for my son's trx 250, but think I might go with something else.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Holeshot HD's

Hey thanx for ur info on the tires, i was also debating on them but decided to go wit a meaty mud tire for all time traction, thats unusual to see Holeshots been felt as heavy. Have you tried the XCR's? I had the XCT's one summer and loved them, but i ride a lot of wet places so need the better tires, im goin wit the Mud Machines

Old 02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Holeshot HD's

maybe the side walls will loosen up, they are 6 ply i think...which really makes it tougher to slide cause there is not much give..

just a thought!

Old 02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Holeshot HD's

We put a set on my son's YFZ 450, and you are right about the not sliding part. They stick better than a fly on flypaper, which is okay with the YFZ because it is low enough and handles good enough that you can fly around downhill offcamber turns like there is nothing to it at all. They are heavy though; my son used to beat me in drag races with his YFZ, but since he got the Holeshot HDs I beat him now. We also punctured a sidewall on our first trip out with the HDs, when I hit a rock on a fifth gear straightaway, while riding his YFZ. I think the fact that the tires are so stiff is partly the reason that the sidewall got punctured (no flex). These tires are soooo stiff that my son rode his YFZ for the entire rest of the day (50 miles worth) with that flat tire, and the tire being totally flat with a gaping hole in the sidewall really didn't seem to make too much difference.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Holeshot HD's

Green thats a great story, and I can definetly believe it. These suckers are stiff. I also have a harder time wheeling. I'm not really sure why but I do.