CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NOS?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS?????

What do you have to do to run nos on you DS and who has the best NOS out there

Old 02-07-2005, 02:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

fill the bottle and hit the switch, i run nx it seems to work good.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

your bike is all stock with NOS
you dont have to do enay thing to the piston

Old 02-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Range Rover
Default NOS?????

no they make kits the shoot nitrous in the airbox instead of on the piston, which causes high temps..

www.boondockers.com

www.icenitroussystems.com

those 2 are the only ones i know of so far

Old 02-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

no mine isn't stock, but i've seen it run on stock machines.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

Nitrous oxide does not increase combustion temps unless there is a lean condition. When injecting nitrous if a "correct" air/fuel ratio is maintained then temp increases are minimal. Nitrous if used correctly has the power to lift cylinder heads, bend rods and break all kinds of stuff. The idea is to not get that greedy. If not measured correctly you will start to "burn" stuff pistons, rings, valves all will melt under severe lean conditions. I have run nitrous in automotive applications, never on an atv. I would never use these dry nitrous injection kits, your taking a guess as to weather it's going to be rich enough or not. You would have to ride with it puking rich to make sure it was good when you hit the switch. The fuel system on a wet setup should add some supplemental fuel to keep things cool.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

well i have an EFi so it would ajust to NOS right

Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

Do you have the KMS setup? If so, talk to them they have done nitrous using an additional injector to cover the extra fuel I believe. If not I would go with a nitrous express setup like Sandman has..

Old 02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

I did some more research on the Boondockers nitrous kit and found out some things I didn't know. They do have a means of adding extra fuel, They have a device that bleeds some of the bottle pressure into the carb float bowl to pressurise it. This manages to richen the mixture enough to get by. You have to plug your bowl vents with a very small orifice which I'm not sure that is a great idea. They say not to activate the nitrous for more than 8 seconds, I would guess that that's probably about how long it's going to take before the float bowl is empty and bad things start happening to your engine (VERY lean condition). The float bowl can not refill while it's under pressure which means that if you activated the nitrous on a steep hill or for whatever reason the bowl was not full (sticky needle) it could take less time for a lean condition happens. I have seen little bottles (maybe half a litre) for fuel on some quads that run boondockers, I would guess that the're not cool with the float bowl thing either and are using a different fuel source to pressurise.

I ran nitrous on the street well before there were "kits" we used medical grade bottles, soda fountain solenoids and a holley 1" spacer plate drilled and tapped for carb jets. I went through quite a few junkyard motors before I got it right and after I had a good grasp of how it worked I went low 12s with a junkyard 302 motor and a street driven maverick. Not sure I like how they do the extra fuel although it is clever...

Old 02-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NOS?????

Spin, you are a little confused. Boondockers system runs a fuel management systems just like every other nitrous system on the market. They just deliver it in a different manner. 8 seconds is for cowboys, it takes 21 seconds to reach the top in Utah, thats spraying all the way! YEEEEHAAAAAA!