CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Magura Clutch on DS650.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magura Clutch on DS650.

rotate the clutch arm one notch on the splined shaft further away from the slave cylinder. as long as the clutch is still able to fully engage.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

DSDuneCrazy i try that to night and it worked great. i talked to magura today also they said you need 12mm of throw. then once i had it working i installed my barnett clutch and 60% ron wood springs they are much stiffer than the barnetts and lot stiffer than the stockers. but it all works great now the clutch need ran some to settle in. then it will shift alot better a little stiff right now. THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS ADVICE.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

OK My dealer can't find the part # for the BRP set-up and I don't want the standard Magura unit. Does anybody have the part # for the BRP/Magura set-up? Man I want an easier clutch, this cable is gettng old....or maybe its me that getting old.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] well...either way I want one. Anybody???

Never mind...after reading the thread again I saw that Eagle... went through Parker Yamaha. Well, I checked it out and voala. I will have my new juce clutch next week!!!!!!! Thanks for the input Larry.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No problem Jeff. Glad I could help.

What happened to you this weekend? I though you was going to be out at Dumont. I finally lasted the whole weekend..lol. Not sure I can make DS days or not but if i can maybe i'll see ya then.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Yah, its killing me to read about everybodys weekends at Dumont when I can't make it. Unfortunately the show and convention season at work runs the same time as the better part of the sand season. Next year will be different though cuz I need the dune time also [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Good to hear that you have your engine back together and running good. For a while there I thaught you went to the Vegas650 school of engine demolition [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LOL.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flyinds
DSDuneCrazy i try that to night and it worked great. i talked to magura today also they said you need 12mm of throw. then once i had it working i installed my barnett clutch and 60% ron wood springs they are much stiffer than the barnetts and lot stiffer than the stockers. but it all works great now the clutch need ran some to settle in. then it will shift alot better a little stiff right now. THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS ADVICE.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
How in the world did you get 12mm of in/out from the piston??

I can't get but about 4mm or so. And I've tried everything from bleeding the line to moving the clutch arm on the crankcase.

I think I might have a defective part.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Jonny, you probably have air in the master area. To bleed it out you will need to arrange the master cylinder so that the reservoir is above the hose connection so that the hose connection is almost pointing downward. Once in this position, operate the lever in short slow strokes like maybe 10% of overall traval and half the speed of normal operation. Do this about 10 times and recheck the action. 12mm is about right for the traval of the slave. If this is no help you may have a defective master

Old 10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

you may have done this allready. but something else to try. remove the line from the slave, then bleed the master and line in to a container with the line submerged in fluid. once that is blead. then re-atatch the slave and bleed it. I had a bike that was a pain to bleed. I had to put air pressure on it to get it to start flowing. but, I thought magura sent there setups with fluid all ready in?

Old 10-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Okay... it's on (with a new slave sent out from Magura)...
(the one that came had a tad bit of a leak... therefore, wouldn't pull all the way in)

And I don't like it!!!

The pull is still as hard as stock, or so close to it that it's nothing to brag about. Not for $200.

The shifting is a tad notchy... unless I pull the clutch ALL the way in to shift. Or I adjust the pull more (see next comment).

I can't get it out of gear into neutral unless I shut it off.... so it's dragging a tad bit. However, I can adjust it to work... but I'm afraid of burning up my new clutch. There's not much room of "free play" to make sure it's not constantly slipping.

It seems using a cable (what I'm used to all my life) is more of a "sure thing" to make SURE the clutch has free play and isn't dragging. Also, the stock cable isn't as smooth as a hydro but it's almost worth a piece of mind to me. I bought this clutch for my girlfriend to make it easier on her.... and, ultimately I don't think it's any easier. So really, there's no benefit.

I'm sure I'll be selling it once I get home from Halloween in Glamis.... best offers?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bought a magura clutch for the DS650 but have problems getting it installed. The sleeve that is supposed to slide into the clutch cover to hold the slave cylinder in place does not fit - OD is way to large. Has anyone had this problem? Am I supposed to drill out the clutch cover to accept the larger sleeve???

Quick Reply: Magura Clutch on DS650.