CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont report

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont report

We will be there for Presidents weekend. Me, 2 400z's, a Raptor, a Trailblazer, a Predator, numerous kids quads, a built Banshee and a Short Sands cars buggy. Lot's of fun!

Old 02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dumont report

Hell, cardiac, youre just up the 99 from me. we will be making the superbowl weekend trip an annual thing, if you are interested. I made it home in time to get gussied up and go to a party!

Old 02-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

I am planning to bring the family for Prez weekend. Is this a bad weekend to bring kids? I haven't been to Dumont before. Please advise.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

Depends on your camp. I went for my first time on President's day. Things happen, but they happen always. Comp gets crazy at night, so if you take the kids keep an eye on them. One of the good things though, during the day especially, is that if something happens to them while they are riding, they're always someone out there to help them out. I know I've found myself pulling people home numerous times.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

It's pretty crazy, be very careful with the kids. People are absolute morons over Prez wknd there, even around the camper "lanes" there are folks racing up and down the hardpack (don't go there with me) and the dust becomes a safety issue as well, especially in the a.m. and p.m. I think for that weekend in strict regard for the kids little dumont is a better choice. I'm not saying they'll surely get maimed or killed but I am saying the risk factor is off the chart that weekend compared to any other during the course of the year.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

watch your toys and stuff. Last Prez day somebody took the "unlocked" equalizer hitch off my truck. I think it was at comp hill, but ain't really sure. The park guy said 2 quads were reported stolen, both were locked, both taken in the quiet of the dark.

I guess camping with folks partying until sunrise has some real value.

Also, last year we were riding in a line (10-12 bikes) and a stray quad came straight over a razor and luckily only hit the cooler rack of our third rider. A lot of riders on Prez weekend just don't follow proper dune etiquette.

--

Old 02-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

That's the biggest theft weekend they have. Last prez day a guy not 300 yards from us had his DS Baja, a YFZ, and a Z400 (all brand new) stolen out of his camp. This happens all year but is the worse this coming holiday. What the SOBs are doing is cutting chains, locks, cables (even big HD ones) then they are pushing or towing (with long ropes) the quads way away from the camp site, then they load them up in the truck and off they go. According to the rangers this usually is happening between 2-5 a.m.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Default Dumont report

Let the sob's come. To my camp anyway. They will have a little surprise waiting for them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I don't take kindly to thieves! If you are reading this and have any thoughts about a late night visit, you have been warned.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

We should setup a sting operation, try and make it look easy, but in reality the punks are about to be caught [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Dumont report

I did not know that these scumbags thieves were so ballsy at Dumont. I am usually at Dumont every weekend in season for the last 3-4 years and we have only had a front light stole off a blaster. And that Got us pretty mad. If I EVER catch a thief at Dumont They will horribly pay. Now that I know this is happening more often than I thought I will keep my eyes open for people who look suspect late night cruising around. They should put a sting operation together, And make a camp look real vonerable. They charge enough at Dumont now-a-days to where they should have the rangers on quads creeping around late night looking for suspicious activity. The thieves only have 1 or 2 ways out. Maybe if they checked vin#s on the way out after hours on big weekends they could recover some stuff.

Quick Reply: Dumont report