CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont report

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont report

Just got back from a trip to Dumont with Blackhawk, Sandaholic, and a couple of guys from a Toy Hauler forum.

Not a lot of people there, and the riding was great. virgin sand almost everywhere we went Friday. Saturday, more people showed up, but still good riding conditions

I was happy with the performance of my 22" extremes, as i had sand geekos before and would get stuck. people were complaining about the roost they threw, and i would have to relegate myself to the back...oh well...my bike now kicks *** in the sand!!

we need to make it an annual trip, and get more people to go!

Old 02-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

Good write up DSfairy!

If you are really worried about people behind you complaining about your roost from your new tires, that's there problem! Maybe they will learn not to ride so close to you.

Dumont was fun, most virgin sand I have seen in a long time.

Jim and I will have to defend our title next year of midnight drunken bocce ball champions!

Old 02-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

Best sand I've seen since early October. We rode so much Friday and Saturday we had rider apathy by Sunday morning.

Went by Comp Hill several times and never saw much going on. One time I went by there were like 6 stretched Banshees, but nobody was running up the hill. 3 times I went by and *nobody* was at the hill. Saturday night was just as ghostly. Kind of eery because there were a fair amount of camps.

--

Old 02-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

I'm jealous guys, last time we were out was MLK wknd and if you were there you know the dunes were thrashed then. Unfortunately for me it looks like my next time there will be Prez wknd and that sucks for riding however, gotta take what we can get. Oh yeah, I still have to get the viper broken in before then too as I don't want to be relegated to putting around all weekend.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Range Rover
Default Dumont report

Anyone else going Prez weekend?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

DSfairy,

Don't worry about the people behind you getting hit with your roost - just spin the tires more and who ever is close enough to be hit will move back quickly. Although if you are riding with women, you should try not to kick any sand on them, they take it personally.

Good trip, and even though there were more people there Saturday it was still very close to what you might see on an average weekday during riding season, a ghost town....

Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

I'll be heading there with half of our group thurs night or fri morn pres weekend.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

I'll be there for a week in mid march as long as its under 85 degrees.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dumont report

a bunch of families that we ride with will be meeting mine out there the weekend after Presidents Day. I'll be up there Presidents Day weekend (Sunday) for a day trip. Taking the family out is kind of tough on the senses on Presidents Day. To much potential for problems.

You're right........ when there isn't a bunch of people the riding is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! kind of slow at the hill, but more fun all around. Man, that sand must have been nice. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it SUCKED!!!!!!! Comp was completely whooped out and everything else seemed to be very CHOPPY!!!

Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dumont report

Jim and I will have to defend our title next year of midnight drunken bocce ball champions!

GAME ON!

I tried to change my name to DSfairy, but I had to set up a new account. I will be able to activate it tonight!

Quick Reply: Dumont report