CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone using the sindwinder products?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using the sindwinder products?

Especially the timoly products? how are any of the products holding up? are they worth the big price tag?

tia

Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

I used to use their stuff on my three wheelers along with others that I used to work on, their stuff held up great. I would hope that the new stuff is as good.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

Do a search for some of Hightowers comments on sidewinder stuff. Or just wait for him to reply. Don't think you'll want to spend the extra money after hearing from him.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I only have one experience to speak of, I payed them $160 plus shipping for a 530 chain 110 links which I was told was their Ti chain. I requested Ti chain from them, he told me the price, and I ordered it. I got it about a week later, installed it on my bike and was happy. It looked real nice, the way the black rollers contrasted and complemented the silver side plates.

A month or so later, my buddy gets a Ti chain from them for his Predator in 520 size. We hook up for a ride, and I see his chain is all silver, no black rollers, all silver. I said that's wierd, you'd think they'd be the same since they are both Ti and the only difference is size.

A month after that my chain is really starting to look like ****, and my buddies 520 still looks new. Mine is not corrosion resistant like his is. That's when i realilze mine must not be Ti. So I sart contacting Sidewinder and they refuse to help. They said they do not understand the problem, it was a guy named Vic Krause. He will not comment on the differing colors of metal on my supposed 530 Ti and my buddies 520 Ti. He said sure no problem, we'll replace the chain for you or refund your money, just send the chain back unused. But naturally I had to use it to cross some creeks and stuff to find out it is not corrosion resistant. So I am stuck with it.

The more I communicated with Vic, the further back he would step, asking the same questions that were already answered, and ultimately stopped responding to my e-mails after I asked him if he was happy in the life he has chosen, to be a professionally rip-off to humankind. i have the packing slip that says Ti chain, and I have the chain that says Krause stamped on the links which is not Ti. All he has to do is look at what I payed, and look at the chain, and realize either somebody there made a big mistake and he can easily correct it, or they have been busted for claiming to sell something that does not exist.

And before any of you say it, please understand that this is not a chain maintenance issue. I maintain my chains very well, I have cheap DID chains that are way older and look way better than this $160 sidewinder.

Now sure my buddies 520 Ti is still looking great, he didn't get ripped off. But I sure did. So if you get a chain from them, just make sure of what you got before you install it.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you charged in a card, why not dispute the charges? the only thing you will be out is the shipping. take that bad boy off, clean it up, and sell it on EBAY!.

sorry to hear about your ordeal. i have read your previous threads HT. fyi I emailed them about being interested in their product, but asked them to please clarify your posts, and why you are not getting customer service on the back end of the deal. i asked that if that was going to happen to me if i ordered their product...

jason

Old 02-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i also ordered a ti chain, showed up it was 120 link, was ordered as a 130, plus it was the standard chain finally got my money back, except they charged me for shipping there junk around. don't use them.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

I just got my new sprockets from RMATV. I decided to change the chain too. I was going to order one. so what is a good sorce for 530 chain? I searched for sprocket specialties. could not find it. how about the stock chain, how much are they. I had reasonable service from that one.

Trending Topics

Old 02-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

stock ones seem to last good.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I was told $189 for a stock chain today. they wanted $197 for there "better" chain. thats from a bomb dealer. I just could not do that. I found a RK gold x-ring at cycle gear, hear in portland for $119 they had standard RK o-ring chains for less than $100

Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have bought 3 ti chains for my drag bikes from sidewinder. Dont like to hear about the bad customer service from Krause cause he has been around a long time, I will not continue to buy from those guys with that kind of service so where can I buy a new titanium chain from someone else? I need one right now!!!!! THank in advance guys

Quick Reply: Anyone using the sindwinder products?