CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 48mm issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 48mm issues

Thanks for the help guys.

I dont think it is the bowl running dry, Theres got to something clogged somewhere, I havent had the time to tear into it today. The bike cuts out immediately when reved... I dont think the carb is working like it wants to.

Mike- I only went to Dumont for the day Saturday, You know me racing is racing so I risked running my motor lean and relyed on the gas from the fuel pump to power me with the nitrous. I was just wondering what else could be clogged in the system to cause this. I did not even get to run it on all motor.

The lecton 48 has been great for the last year, Its always worked near perfect, It has to be something minor, I just couldnt find the prob at the dunes.

Eric-The reason why I think it may be something in the carb is because It doesnt rev clean, It cuts out a little bit when revving it while the bowl is full of fuel. Seems like PJ line isnt flowing fast/quik enough. Is there a tiny screen in the bowl where the PJ line is? Im sure its something minor, Im just trying to get an idea as to where to look. Ive never had this issue before thats why I am new to trouble shooting this carb. I think thats a good thing.

I dont run a screen in the gas tank, My petkok has been drilled out a bit so that makes me think its past the fuel line.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 48mm issues

Before you take it apart you may want to do a compression check just to be sure that nothing has been damaged.