CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Yes you can ride on them but there are some closures like from thunder to the west but everything to the east clear to the resort is open year round!!

Old 02-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ds650ratrider
hey bus, check out my pics. I snaked a photo of your bud!! For the record, Gene is the nicest old man once you get to know him, but the rest of the folks he meets swears he has a foreskin for a neck.

--
to be honest. he has never said anything to me. but, I have heard a few storys.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Range Rover

I met him because he said 'the kids' were tearing up the parking lot. I asked him what kids and he just waived toward 18 rigs and said 'those kids'. So I put my two in front of him and asked if it was these two. He said no, but I should police other kids or adults breaking his rules as well. I told him my vacation didn't include running his camp site and he said I was not being accountable. He wanted us to come tell him when someone got out of line. I told him to p** up a rope. 4 rigs left because he cursed out my friends wife because she drove her street tired go-kart to buy ice at his store on a his dirt rode.

They're wound tight, but they do got a nice campsite.

--

Old 02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Desert oasis is the only spot I have stayed in other than Elgin. Sand hills is a long way from the riding. There is good riding for the kids by Sand Hills. The ride from Desert Oasis to Elgin is about five minutes and if you know the right way to go it is not a bad ride. The busy weekends get a little bumpy but most of the time it is not to bad.

Duneme,
If you know your numbers I could try and head down with my trailer and leave it (and some tape) reserving a good spot for your trailers. I don't know the campground rules but I don't think they care if you pay for the spots you are reserving. This is in regard to elgin lake.

I have had the same response with Mr. forskin and do not want to deal with him if I don't have to. I got into it with him after he yelled at my wife for taking the wrong road to our campsite. (the guy has some issues) After I went at him with some words of my own he was great the rest of the week.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

TextWe need more noise inforcement to get irresponsible riders to quiet their rides or stay to hell home. Too many beginners and kids still equate noise to performance. The old timers and experts know better.
Wow,
I guess I'm still a kid!!
I knew I felt young for 33.
I guess MR HP hasn't proven anything with his dyno yet?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Last year we stayed at Sand Hills, it was nice with for the kids and wives who don't ride yet, didn't have a problem with foreskin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Man not to be rude guys but it is not elgin lakes its Egin lakes!! Seen this alot around different forums kinda funny!!

Old 02-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

The ride from Sand Hills to the big bowls was too long for the 2 strokes in our camp. I just dropped some Rob Zombie into the mp3 and pinned the throttle. The lake and big bowls showed up faster than they should have.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But most folks did complain about the long ride to big bowl and razor heaven. I dig long runs of 3-4 hours of throttle time, so it was all good with me.

--

Old 02-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I am for keeping them quiet. AMA is cracking down and so is our club in Florida. There are certain applications for an open exhaust. Riding around isn't one of them.
Loud does not equal better.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Predatorkickass
Man not to be rude guys but it is not elgin lakes its Egin lakes!! Seen this alot around different forums kinda funny!!
Thats hilarious!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think I am one of the guys misspelling it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nice looking Pred BTW!!

My group is going to be there June 13-17
Maybe we will see you there??

Old 02-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks 2fun hope to see ya out here you won't miss me being all yellow!!LOL

Quick Reply: St. Anthony's noise restrictions