CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Can any of the Idaho boys confirm?
I heard that they are going to start checking db's near the state campground/parking area this summer, and that out of stater's need temp Idaho registration tags on the machine?
I am ordering a HMF I guess I need the quiet core insert if its all sad but true [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Also..........Is Sand Hills resort under new management?

Old 02-22-2005, 03:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Watching. . .

Got a trip planned.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, Sand Hills Resort is under new management. Haven't heard of the noise restrictions.

According to the Idaho Off-Highway Web Site: Web Site
After 30 days in Idaho, nonresident motorbike and ATV riders are subject to Idaho registration laws.

I was just up there and did not need to register the bikes.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

they allways had the 30 day thing. at least for the last several years. new managment there could be a good thing. the last guy was a d**k.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 02-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah Sand Hills is under new management, but I think Shirley is still in charge.
Cost of the sites went way up too. 35 bucks/night![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, if you make reservations, better hope you don't have to cancel.... Even three months ahead of time. Why you ask??......
Because you will lose ALL of your deposit![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

So Higher prices, and no refunds on reservation cancellations = less business for them I would assume...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Is there any camping allowed on public land? I'm planning a trip this summer, if diesel dosen't go up to $2.50 a gallon, and I don't need hookups, just a place to park. I have a large rig and it probably wouldn't fit in the campground anyway.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: azsandrider
Is there any camping allowed on public land? I'm planning a trip this summer, if diesel dosen't go up to $2.50 a gallon, and I don't need hookups, just a place to park. I have a large rig and it probably wouldn't fit in the campground anyway.
There is a BLM campground there (dry camping only) (Elgin lakes campground)

Old 02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SLC650
I am ordering a HMF I guess I need the quiet core insert if its all sad but true [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Cracking down on loud obnoxious 4-strokes is not all bad for all people. In California we have lived with inforced noise limits and I and many others believe this is way over due. Back in early 70's everyone thought rules against straight stingers on 2-strokes was the end of high performance when it was only the beginning. The 2-strokes just got better as they got quieter. Now we are seeing the same thing with 4-strokes. We need more noise inforcement to get irresponsible riders to quiet their rides or stay to hell home. Too many beginners and kids still equate noise to performance. The old timers and experts know better.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

SLOWOLDTURTLE<

For now, it is hard to quiet something without restriction which means some decrease in power which is sad. "Stay the hell home" is kinda strong. There are a lot of middle aged and older guys who love the sport and don't want to restrict sound which for now restricts power. I would rather be "quiet and fast" but for now my only option is "loud and fast".

On the subject of the thread, I have not heard of any major changes with regard to sound restrictions.

AZsandrider, You will have a better time parking at the resort than the BLM campgrounds. There is more room. Another option is the east side of the dunes. It is along way from the action but lots of room.

Quick Reply: St. Anthony's noise restrictions